Beware of the SHP....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by seabee, Nov 25, 2009.

1. seabee

seabee Guest

They're swarming like I've never seen before... 40 & 540.... I've seen a lot of revenue generated in a very small period of time.... beware of your speed...

Rocky you reading this??? :jester:

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

3. seabee

seabee Guest

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

good!! there are some foolish folks out there!!

5. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I saw 4 state troopers on Highway 70 between Clayton and Garner this morning...all of them had pulled cars over. They mean bidness!

6. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Saw to people pulled this morning

I pulled onto 40 from hwy 210. Two state troopers had people pulled. Be careful and safe this weekend!!

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Yup I see it. got one more hour at work. Will be coming home Goldsboro via route 70 to the business bypass then all the back roads home. Even on 70 I will keep up with traffic and not get ahead of them. Thanks for the heads up :) I figure they are concentrating on the interstates but not going to take any chances.

8. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Yep, I was a casualty this morning. Why didn't you guys warn me sooner????:oops:

9. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I saw someone get pulled over by the SHP this morning in Archers Lodge.

10. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

That was wulfpup, he forgot his tractor isnt street legal again.

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

oh, no......:banghead:

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

provided it has a reflective triangle on the back it actually is legal....at least during daylight hours.

After all this IS Johnston County.

13. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Made it home in record time. No speeding and no shp or county mounties. Just light traffic and had all the greens.

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

At lunch today a Wake County deputy AND a garner cop had a guy pulled on 70. Then when I left work tonight there was a cop on both sides of 70 with cars pulled.

15. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

We just got to Kentucky this afternoon and it is not just NC and Johnston county....we saw HP all over and tons of cars pulled over. I made sure I set my cruise control and knew I was ok. Bad part was there were several HP exceeding the speed limit and they were not even after anyone. I had one last night right on my tail, and I mean right there, and I guess he got tired of following me and decided to go around me and I knew he was speeding. No it did not appear he was after anyone because it was late and not too many cars at that time on the roads and he never turned his lights on. So anyone traveling....be careful!!

16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

One of the new favored tactics is for one Trooper, Deputy or Officer to sit atop an overpass discreetly where they can aim their LIDAR gun (laser) out their driver-side window at your headlights, foglights, chrome grille, license plate, etc. License plates are a big favorite because they are flat and reflective. That is likely why the state has been pushing to make front and rear plates mandatory.

With laser, they can single you out for speed measurement unlike radar, which fans out. Speeders have long known that hiding in the profile of a slower tractor trailer truck makes you nearly invisible to instant on radar. While laser requires the LEO to remain stationary, they can get pretty tricky with their hiding. I've even heard of them dressing like survey crews before and audaciously placing their laser on a tripod in full view!

Usually what happens is they conduct the operation with the sole officer doing the targeting and then he calls out violators to chase cars on the other side of the overpass down ramp. Its very low-profile until you see the blue lights on the other side.

The Wake Co. Sheriff's Department was using this technique Tuesday afternoon from the Greenfield Parkway there in Garner and I've seen the NCSHP doing the same thing in other parts of the state.

17. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I've seen them doing this at this loc (70 @ Greenfield) numerous times. By the time you look up at the overpass and realize what's happening you're SO BUSTED!

Many folks seem to misread the route signs as speed limits: 70 MPH on US 70, 95 MPH on I 95, and sometimes even 40 MPH on I 40...

18. bout2bmarried

bout2bmarried Active Member

Wow, they must just be doing ther job. If you don't speed no problems. if you need 2 speed leave earlier. Just cause someone flys by u doesn't mean u have 2. Forever just cause they didn't have there lights on u assumed they were not going to a call. u must know everthing.

19. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

That a good one. I will try it if I get pulled over...:cheers:

20. bout2bmarried

bout2bmarried Active Member

i guess everyone needs 2 complain about something