Beware of the SHP....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by seabee, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I was running with the traffic on Tuesday through there and got "lasered." I wasn't looking for the speed trap and my Valentine One suddenly lit up with the laser warning and see the car and the LEO looking down at me as I ride by. I glance down and I'm running about 62 mph. For a split second, I was second guessing myself whether or not that was a 55 or a 45. I knew my goose would be cooked if it were a 45 zone.

I need to get me one of those laser jammers that detects the laser and instantly fires back a IR flash to confuse the LIDAR gun. They're about $300-$400. However, figure the attorney fee and court cost for one of those citations and...it could very well pay for itself rather quickly for those that have a bit too much weight on their right foot.

2. seabee

seabee Guest

LOL... :cheers::cheers:

3. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

One trick they do, which was done on a friend some time ago, is to push you into speeding by riding your bumper and then giving you a ticket.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

What? That made my head hurt.

5. :lol: me too

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one. Don't know why I find it annoying when people write on a forum as if they were texting or tweeting. :lol:

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Seems to me it would take more effort, at least it does when I try. My brain and fingers naturally type out full words and sentences.

8. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

Well I hope they are looking for big rigs driving like idiots too!! Saw this: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6499840/ in the news this morning and I am so tired about how we (cars) should look out for trucks. I'm sory but there are many more times I drive down the road and see some crazy big rig switch lanes when it is too close or driving at 70+ and tailgating the heck out of a car. Just once I'd like to see a story about how the truckers should look out for the car!!!

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Add me to the list. After the second or third u, 2 or b, I have to quit. And I don't text or tweet...I guess my brain just isn't used to cyber shorthand..or what ever they call it.

10. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Yep, I was running late and bam-there he was. Hey DCHYDI, that was probably me~ over by the landfill? That's where he was hiding out. I usually use the cruise control but running late...blah, blah, blah, there's no excuse, I know!!

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I had a Garner LEO do that to me one time on 70 through town. I was driving a car at the time and I couldn't even see the police car's headlights he was so close to my rear. He then whips out to pass, pulls alongside at the next light and tells me that I was driving 63 in a 45. Surrrre I was. :rolleyes: If I had been driving that fast, we both knew he would have written me up. Truth was I was driving no faster than probably 8 over. My wife attested to it as well. At the light, he took off like the police car's tail was on fire, crossed the median and fish-tailed into the other lanes.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I can't decide if they are that darned lazy or 12 years old. I don't use that text speech crap much even when I am actually texting someone. :lol:

14. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

The one I saw he pulled them in the Barnes store parking lot. I think he got them over by the park where it drops to 35MPH

15. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

Anyone that tailgates me gets a windshield full of wiper fluid, cop or not. I had a SHP up my butt last year and he got a nice wash job on the hood of his new Charger. He pulled me over and I told him a bug hit my windshield and I had to clean it off. He said that what I did could have caused an accident. I said "So can tailgating". He got ****ed as all hell but drove off.

16. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

17. ForeverFaithful

That is just totally wrong. I hate tailgaters, even if they are cops. I try to make sure there is room between me and other vehicles and get mad when people "squeeze" in between me and the vehicle in front of me. You never know when someone is going to have to hit the breaks. Considering that there was hardly no one on the road where we were at there was no reason to do this.

As far as the ones speeding without lights on, maybe they did get a call, but it would seem the would at least have their police lights on to indicate they were on a call. Sometimes I feel they take advantage of the fact they are in a police car to speed. That is just my opinion though (bout2b married ~ wanted to specify that for you!)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  18. ForeverFaithful

LOL Guess we all better not clean anything off of our windshield while driving.

19. bout2bmarried

bout2bmarried Active Member

and yet yall understood what i was saying, ***** and moan

20. bout2bmarried

bout2bmarried Active Member

for the record just (TWO) two's and know b's