Tiger Woods

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

Tiger Woods Seriously Wounded in Car Crash in Florida

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

3. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear that it wasn't alcohol-related (at least at this time). I'd hate to see Tiger Woods join the parade of celebs that give us drunks a bad name!

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

per the article in the OP's post

"Woods spokesman Glenn Greenspan said the golfer was treated at Health Central Hospital and released in good condition."

Good to hear the injuries weren't very serious.

5. What was he doing leaving at 2:25am and no alcohol involved? 8) Interesting...

6. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Very interesting.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Well speaking for myself sometimes I have restless nights and can not sleep. Back in my 30's I would even go out for a ride just to ease my mind.

8. Rockyv58

One day Moses and Jesus were playing golf. They were at the tee of a beautiful par 3, with a lake right in the middle of the fairway. Moses selects a 5 iron, tees-up his ball and swings. His ball sails very high and lands in the middle of the lake. He mutters to himself and tees-up a second ball, this time selecting a 4 iron. This shot was perfect; landing right in the middle of the green.

Jesus pauses for a moment to ponder his club selection. "Hmmmm..... Tiger Woods would use this," he says as he picks up a 5 iron.

"But, Jesus. My 5 iron shot ended up in the lake. You should use a 4 iron!"

"Nope. Tiger would use a 5," insisted Jesus.

So, Jesus swings hard and alas his shot ends up in the middle of the lake too. Jesus strolls over to the lake and walks out on the water to retrieve his ball. As Jesus is walking on the water trying to locate his ball a foursome comes up to the tee, sees a man walking on the water and one of them exclaims, "Who does he think he is? Jesus Christ?"

"No," explains Moses, "He is Jesus Christ. He thinks he's Tiger Woods."

9. Rockyv58

One day Moses and Jesus were playing golf. Moses gets up and shanks the ball. Jesus goes and it lands in the water trap. Moses goes 'no problem' and parts the water and Jesus walks down and takes the shot.

They get to the second tee. Jesus' shots ends in the water trap again. Moses goes 'no problem' and parts the water for Jesus.

They get to the third tee and Jesus again puts it in the water trap. Mose tells him that he is going to need to take the penalty stroke. Jesus goes off and walks across the water trap.

A guy leans over and asks Moses, 'whose he think he is Jesus or something?'. Moses replies 'no, he thinks he's Tiger Woods'

10. bones

bones Active Member

My money is on he and Helga or whoever she is had a little discussion and Tiger had one of his little punk fits.

11. Maybe he had the munchies.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

13. bout2bmarried

bout2bmarried Active Member

could have been going shopping to catch a deal

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

What kind of Buick was he driving? ;)

15. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Not a Buick. A Cadillac Escalade. My theory is his wife used the golf club to break out the window before he high tailed it "out of Dodge". They were argueing over his new "squeeze". I can't wait to hear the 911 tapes. I also would like to see a photo of the damaged Cadillac. Just my 2 cents worth!

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I was kind of thinking along the same lines, awful funny she just so happened to have a golf club handy to break him out of the back window of all places.

17. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

That was my first thought. Big fight and he opted for flight.

18. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Have we passed the tipping point of becoming the real life Jerry Springer audience? Without knowing the facts, I have to wonder about another rush to judgment?

If, and this is hypothetical, there was an issue of a domestic disturbance, and Mr. Woods left the house, what is the problem with that? Seems to me that there are numerous cases where people didn't remove themselves from the house, the arguments escalated, and then LEOs have to go remove one or both parties. It's not good for families, and LEOs certainly don't enjoy being called out to them, as they can be fairly risky.

It really shouldn't matter why he was leaving, nor the time he left, to anyone but the Woods family. Anything else is just being nosy about someone else's business.

Granted, that on the course, his actions and presence is that of a public figure. He has taken unusual steps to protect his privacy. Should that not be taken into account, and respected?

It's not as if he's a thug who happens to be a professional athlete. We all know there are enough (too many, actually) of those.

As for the handiness of having a golf club nearby, it would seem to me that among the last of items one would have to search for in the home of one of the best golfers in the world would be a golf club. I've got 5 bags of clubs that I've accumulated over the years. I've had to pay for all of them. I would imagine that Mr. Woods has had the opportunity to collect more, since I'm sure his are provided for him.

Until the facts are known, I'd urge giving this a rest.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  19. Since we know he was not drunk now, I hope we never find out what happened. It's none of anyone's business. Sure, we are curious, but we don't really need to know.

20. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I need to know.