Beware of the SHP....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by seabee, Nov 25, 2009.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

oops

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Now can you decipher the rest of the sentence for me?

i dunno wat she say do u

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Glad it wasn't just me who thought that! Sounds like this might get interesting.

4. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

BBL POS. ;)

5. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Coming down Government road and saw a pickup in my rear view mirror racing up towards me. With all its police kind of lights going. I look down at my speedometer and I am doing the speed limit. He catches up to me and just goes right around me towards Barber Mill road. Too close

6. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

That was a pick up with blue lights? I haven't seen those before.

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I've seen SUVs with blue lights. Don't know what kind though. ...suv not the lights... :)

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

yea the blue and white flashing lights in the grill and headlights were flickering

9. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Often times these are K9 units.

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I saw a Chevy Silverado pickup years ago in Greenville in black and silver with the state seal on the door. I think they are usually used for maintenance. Maybe this one was animal control. In many instances, the animal control vehicles have blue lights so perhaps they had received a call of a vicious dog or an animal in distress.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

About 30 years ago a friend got pulled over by a VW Rabbit in Greensboro.

12. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

If it's SHP they are probably suburbans or tahoes

13. CraigSPL

Years ago the Johnston county troop of the SHP had a tricked out, super charged, nitrous injected unmarked 5.0 mustang that they would use as a "pursuit" vehicle if needed.

14. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Wow...shades of Mad Max!

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We saw a slick late model black Corvette being used as a SHP car on Wednesday on 40. We were :shock:, because it was REALLY nice. Had some little souped up import pulled over.

16. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

18. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

LOL! :jester::jester:

19. CraigSPL

LOL...you could say that as I was onsite when they used said car to "chase" down a ferrari on I-95 on day.

20. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that there wasn't some modified 5.0 Mustang sedans running around modified, but I know a lot of those stories were fabricated. The NCSHP purchases cars based on their reliability records and their ease of repair. Supercharged, nitrous-fed engines requires an outstanding tune and would need 100+ octane to keep from having detonation at sustained high speed. In other words, those things are good for quick bursts of speed, but on a police car, would likely mean...KABOOM! Plus, every HP Mustang I've ever seen was an automatic that looked mostly stock. No way the slushboxes could have handled that much power without major modifications. Most were stock 5.0 LXs. They were plenty fast enough in their day since most cars were recovering from the days of detuned fuel-injected econoboxes.

The Z06 Corvette most are seeing around Raleigh belongs to the Wake County Sheriff's Department recovered from drug bust. They'll use it for awhile and then sell it at auction.