Tiger Woods

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kdog, Nov 27, 2009.

1. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I don't want to know. I don't want to see him be tainted like the rest of the crap out there. He is too nice and decent for that. And his wife and children are so sweet. That is how I want to know it.

2. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I am sorry but this seems to be a domestic dispute that involved a 911 call and injuries. Why would Tiger Woods being involved in a domestic dispute be different than any other couple that end up with domestic dispute charges. Delaying talking with law enforcement authories for 2 days indicates where there is smoke there is fire.

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Whether a billionaire like Mr. Woods, or someone without financial luxury, Domestic disagreements should never be fodder for gossip or morbid curiosity.

Another facet I don't understand is why people who have no connection to this case seem to be hoping that there is deep discord. It's almost as if the hope is that someone so successful will fall. Isn't that kind of like crabs being steamed in an open pot, where just as one is about to make his escape and crawl out, that others reach up and drag him back into the pot?

Is that if these types of behaviors occur with someone of his standing, that it makes some feel better about themselves? If so, it sounds as if there's a lot or much overdue review of priorities.

4. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Who cares about Tiger? Change the channel.

5. I just think that the details are none of our business

6. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

I don't like the fact that if you call 911 for help it could be made public.

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

tried that... the story was "breaking news" during the Alabama football game. :rolleyes:

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I agree the details and really the whole episode are none of our business. The thing is when you are in the public eye for some reason people feel like they have a right to every personal aspect of somebody's life - I also think we could combine the Reality TV thread and this one as the mindset goes hand in hand.

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

While I haven't totally read or followed every detail of this story.....if I had I might actually know who called 911. Was it his wife, the neighbors, Onstar, or El-Tigre himself?

Craig

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I soooooooooooo don't care.

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

It was a neighbor, calling to report the accident.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/golf/pga/story/6511975/

12. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

:iagree:

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

14. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

Holy Wizard of Oz, Batman!

Tigers, lies, affairs, oh my!

Tigers, lies, affairs, oh my!

15. Josey Wales

Josey Wales Well-Known Member

"Domestic disagreement" is a real nice PC term for getting caught with your pants down. If "Mr. Woods" didn't want his life to be used as fodder for morbid curiosity, he should have 1) not become famous, 2) married someone with a cooler temper 3) kept his romantic affections within his marriage.

16. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

This whole story and the hoopla surrounding it are quite interesting.

First, Tiger Woods IS a MEGA-celebrity. Famous people are put on display for better or for worse. . .it's part of the paycheck.

A good many people want to believe that Tiger Woods is above all the ugly stuff - he wouldn't have an affair, he wouldn't take Rx drugs and drive a vehicle, he and his wife don't have huge blowouts. . .and in reality, all these years, Tiger and his wife have really kept out of tabloids and away from critics.

Tiger Woods has earned so much respect from most of the world because his father raised him as someone who always wanted to be a better person, than a golfer. Whether he wanted to or not, Tiger Woods became a popular role model.

While so many people want to protect Tiger Woods through this situation, bottom line is this 'accident' is suspicious.

A) IF Tiger was under the influence of a prescription drug and it caused the accident, there should be charges to that effect brought about. Someone, other than and/or including Tiger could have been seriously hurt or killed if he'd gotten out of his subdivision.

B) IF the crash had nothing to do with his wife or Rx drugs, then what caused it? Did he black out behind the wheel from a stroke, seizure or some other underlying medical problem? IF so, then this needs to be checked out to save his life.

C) If his wife is the one who caused the accident bashing windows as he was trying to get the heck out of Dodge, then she needs to get some serious mental counseling and they both probably need marriage counseling. This junk isn't just about Tiger and his well-being, they have two small children in that house.

The life of a celebrity is tough - being worth somewhere in the neighborhood of a half a billion dollars or more means people are bound to talk and the rich and famous need to be prepared to deal with it. . .or trade places with me, I'd be happy to have his woes 8)

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

And a half-billionaire can tell the authorities when and where and why not in regards to giving a full statement when an accident occurs. :jester:

18. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

The SHP said he is not required to give a statement, and the investigation will proceed with or without his cooperation. Pretty much standard procedure, 5th amendment right against self-incrimination.

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:lol:

20. Talk about jumping to conclusions. First of all, I don't think that would make his wife mentally ill - maybe very angry, but not mentally ill. Second, I doubt you'd be happy to have his woes considering we don't even know what they are now. I'd rather be unknown, poor and content than rich, famous and in trouble (if indeed that's the case).