Suggestions for a good optometrist?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Jean S, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

DH needs to get his eyes checked, can anyone recommend a good eye doctor?

2. tatertot36

tatertot36 Well-Known Member

I use Dr Haines at Haines Vision on Brighleaf in Smithfield next to Golden Corral

3. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Stay away from Dr. Vision Center on New Bern Avenue (Beacon Plaza). All they are there for is to sell you glasses. Last time I was there the optometrist started his sales pitch before checking my eyes.

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We have seen Dr. Darren Hilburn for years. He is in Smithfield at Doctors Vision Center 938-6101.

5. lovetherascals

lovetherascals Well-Known Member

If you want to stay closer to the 40/42 area- we like Dr. Byrd and Associates in the fancy building beside CVS. Their new Dr.- it's a lady- her name is Dr. Woodard or something like that- anyway- we really like her a lot. I liked that she gave a thorough explanation of everything she was doing and even showed me the pic. of the inside of my eye and told me what everything was- kind of cool. We also like that it's convenient and they don't pressure you to buy their glasses. They do have a good deal on contacts though- it's called their 20/20 plan- if you buy your whole year of contacts, you get a discount and as much contact solution as you need for the year- if you run out- just stop there and pick up some more.

6. Betty Crocker Mom

Betty Crocker Mom Well-Known Member

Professional Eye Care in Benson is great and they have Saturday appointments :mrgreen::mrgreen:

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Dr Black up at 40/42 in the Eye Deals Office. I have been going since 01, my son goes as well. They also have Saturday appts. He is very contact lens conservative - but I know you're a "big girl" and don't need eye care lectures. lol Point is, he is very professional and conscientious. The ladies in the office are real nice, too.

8. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the replies! I'd like to keep it close to home so I think I will check out Dr Black and Dr Byrd.

9. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

40 and 42 Black Byrds baked in a pie.....LOL I just couldn't resist.:jester:

10. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

I'm glad someone had a good experience there. I was really happy when they came to the area. When I visit a Dr. I really like to try stay local and support my community.

They have a referral program that I tried to use. The main problem is I referred 2 people and was with them in the office and they wouldn't let me use it because we didn't have a referral card. being their just wasn't enough for them.

I and we just would have appreciated the discount in these tough times and I'm sure they are feeling it. I f people are loosing their jobs they must be loosing their insurance. A little courtesy would have been appreciated.

We are a familyof 7 and I have reffered 3 other families to this facility and we plan on finding anothe eye dr office.

sorry i know this was long thank you for letting me vent.