Christmas Lights

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a site locally that tells you where all the lights are? I know awhile ago, one of the radio stations had like a tacky Christmas Tour. Where you go see all the lights at various subdivisions. Not the ones that just lit up a bush or two but the full fledge Griswold type Christmas Decorations. Anyone know? My kids would love to see something like that. We go riding around every year & we've been to Meadow but a Tacky Light Tour would be just a lot of fun. Thanks in advance.

stephanie--mom to 7

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

There are usually some homes back off of Amelia Church Road (between Shotwell and Guy Road) that have some pretty good displays. As you're going up Amelia Church Road, you can turn right immediately after passing Shotwell and go back up in there and possibly find some good lights.

3. CABP

CABP Guest

There is a house off 401 on 1010. Just as you turn down 1010 a little ways it is on the left. I think there was one last year also on Kildaire Farm Rd.

4. jumpin4joync

jumpin4joync Well-Known Member

i don't know of a website which tells of locations of christmas lights but the JC Visitors Center has a website with lots of info on parades and christmas tree lightings and such...

http://www.johnstoncountync.org/events/

also, i was in benson today and meadow lights has their signs up at the ramps coming off of 95.

5. Betty Crocker Mom

Betty Crocker Mom Well-Known Member

Meadow Lights is up and running my neighbor went last week:)

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

We went to Meadow Lights on opening night, Nov. 20th. Fun! Also, my niece and her hubby took us to a place in Knightdale last year that was pretty cool! I'll have to get details from her.

7. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. We also went ot Meadow the day after Thanksgiving. We go every year and have so much fun. Umm, candy store....dangerous thing--LOL. Looking now for just a fun time to drive around & look at lights. We do that anyhow but are seeing if anyone here knows of some real places that you "just have to see." Keep them coming! Love new places to go.

stephanie--mom to 7

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

How much $$ is it to see the Meadow Lights?

9. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

nothing unless you take the train ride which I think is a few bucks per person!

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

...or if you take a stroll through the general store and become tempted. They have a lot of candies, fruits and old-fashioned syrups and spreads. Plus, I think there is a charge for the carosel. From what I understand, there is an awesome place down in Duplin County or nearby, which offers carriage rides through the woods where they have lights throughout. They also have a restaurant and from what I understand, there are long waits for both.

11. Cleopatra

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

13. Soccermom81

Soccermom81 Well-Known Member

The cost for the train ride is $2.00 per person.

14. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

15. Cleopatra

Thanks Jester!

16. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You're welcome.