Need someone to install car stero & 4 speakers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Dec 1, 2009.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We got a great deal Friday on a stereo and speakers for my daughter's car . . . a Sony CD radio and 4 speakers for only $90. Now we need someone to install it and I'm finding that the prices are outrageous! Best Buy wants $110 and the Radio Active place in Garner wants $200!!

Anybody on here do this sort of thing on the side and want to make some extra Christmas money? PM me please!!!

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Might want to try Adrenalin Autosound here in Clayton to see what they would charge. I know that most shops will charge based on the vehicle and how intense/hard the installation will be. Also find out if the installation costs include any needed items such as antenna adapters, wiring harnesses that may be needed for seamless intergration into the factory wiring, and whether or not a installation kit will be needed for the dash and or speaker mounting. if and when you have those answers you may find that the $110 isn't so cheap if the above mentioned stuff isn't included and that the $200 is a good deal it if is.

Also I can tell you that most of these places will always charge you a high cost, as they make most of their money on selling the product, not installation. I know that when I was hanging around and helping several of the shops in and around the Raleigh area they would always see a rise in people wanting installs done after the "bargin bulk traveling sales" often found at the fair grounds. And that after doing one or two and having people complain about this that or the other which had nothing to do with the install and more about buying crappy stuff, the shops started jacking their prices up for anything not purchased at their store.

3. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

I'm going to message you my cell phone number. As long as you have all the items needed to install it in the vehicle, I will do it for $50.00. I have done several, I grew up in the boom boom era : ) I will supply all the crimp connectors etc, just would need you to drive it to my house where I have all my tools. Check your PM.

4. michelle

You got a deal! I just pm'd you back. Thank you so much, you are a life saver.

PS/ Thanks Craig for your advice as well. I don't think the $110 at BB included the extra stuff plus that price was if you bought from them so there's no telling how much it would have cost in the end.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

LOL.......been there done that, got several t-shirts and even had a 12th place world ranking in my particular class back at the turn of the century. As for installs....well been playing with those since way back in the day (about 86-87). Used to jam hard to some Posse on Broadway back then.

6. michelle

Bumped to give a big shout out to Hotwire! He installed my DD's stereo this weekend and did a GREAT job. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Thanks Hotwire, you made a 17 yr. old girl VERY happy (not sure my neighbors will be all that happy when she comes into the neighborhood blasting her radio).

7. Mr.X

Mr.X Well-Known Member

Adrenaline austo sound did some work for me, they did a quality job

8. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

I love me some Hotwire too Michelle. He can do anything he sets his mind to...and do it well.

9. michelle

You got that right, Bren! I'm so thankful that there are people out there smarter than me to figure out the hard stuff :mrgreen:

10. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Thanks for giving him the chance to do it for you Michelle!