dogs need a bath

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Dec 2, 2009.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Where can I take my dogs for a bath? I bathed them myself just before Thanksgiving. We boarded them for a few days and they came home smelling HORRIBLE! This is not the first time this has happened from this kennel so we'll be looking for a different place to board. I thought the odor may dissipate after a day or two but it hasn't. With this weather it's to cold to bath them outside. So, I'm thinking I need to take them to someone. I'm looking for suggestions that aren't to expensive and with someone will treat my dogs well? I'm thinking I may just put them in the tub but want to explore my options first :)

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

We used to put Shelby in the shower with one of us when it was 2 cold outside.

Call Rachel - she comes right to your door.

625-4213

LOVE HER!!!!

can't help with the boarding place. Sorry.

3. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We've used Kay at KRods Kennels for 18 years! She is wonderful with our babies and her prices are very reasonable. 553-4710. Tell her Chloe's the cocker spaniel's mom (and previously Sandy's mom) sent you.

4. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

I think Petsmart does pet baths.

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Doggie Do'z in downtown Clayton is great for grooming and we use K-Rod's for boarding too. That is the only place our Aussie will stay and not starve himself the whole time! They are great! They groom too, but I haven't used that service yet.

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree: Rachel is great, she has been taking care of my pets for years now:hurray::hurray:

7. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

For a quick fix you can use the waterless bath foam. That's what we use between baths if our dogs start getting a little stinky or on our fosters if we don't have time to bath them before the pet adoption event.

8. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

They do and are reasonably priced too

9. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I've heard of the waterless bath stuff but have never used it. Maybe I'll give it a try. Our dogs are a good 65-70 lbs so not easy to get in the tub. I also think they are bigger than most mobile groomers can handle.

10. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I use to take my other dogs to petsmart to get bathed. I think Jese would like it but not so sure about Laila. She doesn't take well to water. Being an ex groomer I wonder if they would let me come in and bath Laila myself.

11. wed2x

wed2x Well-Known Member

this is even more motivation for me to think about offering pet sitting. I have done it for friends recently and loved it. I treated their pets like they were my own. I even gave one of the dogs a bath in my guest bathroom. I think the dogs hated to leave. 8)

12. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

Is she a mobile service? We're looking to have our dogs washed when moving next week from our muddy yard to the new one (hopefully not muddy then)

thank you!

martha

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Yep she's mobile!

14. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

Thank you!!

Martha

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I wash my own pooch in the garden tub. He is a handful so I can see why some would take his or her dog somewhere to get done.

16. Jenna's Mom

Jenna's Mom Well-Known Member

I've been happy with Puppy Cuts in Four Oaks. My girl's are lab mixes and they only charge 15 dollars each. It's a lot cheaper than driving to PetsMart and having them do it. I used to work in PetsMart and they are decent for the most part, however, I wouldn't recommend them during holiday seasons or even on many weekends unless you get there early. I've always been happy with Puppy Cuts for Jenna and Gwyn tho, she even worked Gwyn in at the last minute the other day when she rolled in something stinky and I was out of dog shampoo at the house!

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

The groomer at a Petsmart recommended Unicoat Grooming Spray for in-between baths. She said that some of the waterless foamers would add too much oil to our dog's coat. The Unicoat is what they use before pet shows on dogs to get their coats shiney and knock down moderate odors.

Our basset loves taking baths. The problem is with his massive structure and short legs, he has to be lifted in and out of the tub. Going for a ride is the same way. Bassets are, by what I've seen, great family dogs and wonderful for indoors except their short stature and weight make for a need for a strong back. Remember Jerry Reid having to lift Fred into the semi in Smokey & The Bandit?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010