Christmas trees off Cornwallis...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Daredevil, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

Anyone get their trees from the $15 tree guy up by Langdons? Just curious if anyone else finds him quite ummm,how do I say this...eccentric?

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Maybe you could elaborate a bit more .
    Have not got a tree yet but for $15 bucks we just might have to take him eccentricity and all ;)

3. Daredevil

Well, give him a try & let me know. My wife says I bring out the crazy in people. Was trying to figure out if it was just me.

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have a friend that has gotten his trees there for the last 8-9 yrs. First it was bc of the great price but they are pretty as well.

5. Betty Crocker Mom

Betty Crocker Mom Well-Known Member

Can you tell me where this is, I have a neighbor that is looking for a real tree that is reasonably cheap. Thanks:mrgreen:

6. AnnetteL

I would like to know as well,thanks!

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

You mean the guy in the coveralls, with the mason jar of white lightening?

Have a JoCo Christmas!

8. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

If you're at the intersection of cleveland school rd and cornwallis road, follow cornwallis towards cleveland middle school. Round the curve, down then up a hill, you'll see a sign on the left. Never been there myself but see the signs each year as well as my friend's tree!

9. AnnetteL

Thanks! Isn't that also past that pond where they let you go fishing for a small fee?

10. HomeGirl

HomeGirl Well-Known Member

Dear DD,
    How do I say this...
    ummm, most folks here know I am related by birth or marriage to many of our "local natives" and not that it really matters, this guy that you mention is another one of my "kin folks". I can't help but feel like you're "one of those" that picked on others that were not like you, when we were kids...

Anyhoo, I'm not sure where you were headed with the discussion...
    did you get a good deal on a tree?
    what do you really want to discuss?
    someone's eccentric personality???
    (I know a lot of eccentric business owners... myself included)!:lol:

Sometimes there are legitimate reasons to warn others about dealing with certain businesses/owners... IMO this is NOT the case and I hope this thread will only aid in advertising a good deal for a tree this holiday season.. along with a unique family experience (including meeting an "eccentric" man devoted to his work, family and customers).

11. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

overreact much?

12. Cleopatra

Did I miss something? I know by the screenname she is a local - but well known and related to everybody? And hey - nothing wrong with being eccentric. It is a descriptor, not an insult. :)

13. Daredevil

Umm, I couldnt have given him a better advertisment & I wasnt "picking" on him. The 3 times I've been there over the past few years he & I got along great. I love the trees & the price. He just has happened to say & do things I find odd. Figured someone might know if it was just my imagination or not. Try actually reading my original question before you have a knee-jerk reaction.

14. HomeGirl

Sorry... like Cleo said, there's nothing "wrong" with being eccentric but when I read your original questions for this thread, I didn't see the "good"... but I can appreciate that you added your "good experience" after my response.

...and another sorry since I thought threads were meant to provoke discussion... so I "reacted" with a response to your post... as far as me "over-reacting", we can always start a new thread to help you figure out if it was "just your imagination or not". :jester:

oh and PS: I'd "react or over-react" the same way if there ever was a thread started in the same fashion about you DD!:)

15. Cleopatra

You still didn't tell us who you were. ;)

16. HomeGirl

Oh girl, please don't spoil my image of you... I thought you knew everything!!! ;) :lol::lol::lol: ;)

17. Cleopatra

Nah, I don't know *everything*. If you are the ranks of the other oldtimers posting here - Rock On!

18. KB2

KB2 Well-Known Member

What kind of trees does he sell and what heights? (fraiser fir, douglas fir, scotch pine, virginia pine, ect)

Do you have to cut it down yourself or will he cut it for you?

Thanks!

-K

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  19. HomeGirl

Homegrown :) I think cedar and white pine.
    You pick, he cuts and wheelbarrels it to load for you but there's been a death in his family and funeral is today :-( ... FYI

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think it's just you. I just got my Christmas tree from him, and I didn't find him eccentric in the least. He seemed like a really nice guy, and I was glad I went there for my tree. Even though, after the first few bends in the dirt path going to his trees I asked my daughter if she heard banjo music.