Photographer recommendation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by annatinnie, Dec 4, 2009.

1. annatinnie

annatinnie Well-Known Member

My husband and I have four sons ranging from 23 months to nine, and it's been a few years since we've done "family" photos...we've taken the kids at times to Walmart and the older boys have school photos, too, but it's been about three years since we last had a family photo taken, and we are ONE more child since THAT photo existed. Also, most of my family lives far away, and I would LOVE to send them family photos almost as a partial gift.

Anyone have any suggestions for photographers that are GREAT with kids (four boys...enough said!) and reasonably priced?? We moved here almost two years ago now, and we used to have what you could almost consider a "family photographer." The guys studio did EVERYONE in our family. Felt bad to move on because I loved him so, but its just like the song says, "That's Life!"

Thanks!

2. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

3. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

4. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

5. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

ken tart in benson. probably the best around.

6. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

7. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

Portrait Innovations in Cary

They are the BOMB when it comes to taking kids pictures. Book early!! They fill up fast. You also get the pics back in about 45 min to an hour. They have a package for 9.99 but good luck not spending a little more. They are in Cary at Crossroads Plaza (Same shopping center as toys r us..to the left of toys r us. You will love them because they take like 58 pics in less than 10 minutes and you are bound to find too many that you like. they have nice christmas backgrounds as well!

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

OH, and the JCSD. :lol:

9. Cleopatra

I called PI in Cary, they're appts are not open until the week of the 15th if you have school age children and need something later in the afternoon/evening.

Get your flames ready, I am going to call Walmart. lol

10. Cleopatra

Walmart, you don't get your pics back until two weeks. <sigh>

I need cheap quick portraits.

11. Cleopatra

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!

Those sound like some expensive pics though - they'll be the gifts that keep on giving. Giving me a headache for 3 years while I pay my insurance.

12. I know this is the cheap way out but for my kids' Christmas pics and cards, I take a picture of my kids either in front of our Christmas tree or somewhere "Christmasy" with my camera, make copies and buy some of those Christmas cards where you insert the picture into the card.

13. Cleopatra

I am going to do that for my cards, but my parents would like a nice portrait of the kids. I might have to give them an IOU. I'm going to check Sears. Guess I'm an Idolater after all. lol

14. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I bought some of those cards once. I found a great bargain on them. They were marked down ridiculously low. When I got ready to use them I saw they had the previous year printed on them.

LOL Can't fix it. :oops:

15. Oh yeah - That makes sense that your parents would want the portraits. I've been to Sears before and I thought they did a good job. They did the very first portrait of my first daughter when she was 3 months old. I cherish that sweet picture.

16. Cleopatra

Ha - Sears' packages start at 169.99, you can also purchase a la carte for 10.00 a sheet, with an additional fee of 4.00 a sheet for same day service. They *do* do nice portraits, just more than I want to spend when I can get the same thing at Walmart for under 20.00 and not have to commute.

17. HomeGirl

HomeGirl Well-Known Member

Bethany lives in Charlotte and attends the Art Institute. She will drive to you for photo shoot in your home, yard or "special place".

Her $75 HoLiday SpEcIaL allows travel to our area for 1 hour photo shoot and includes a CD of 25 plus images... so you know she's loves photography. :)

And she's very talented...Check out her website!!!
    http://www.bethanyboone.com

18. Dang! $169.99!! They've changed since I was there back in 2002. :lol: I know I wouldn't have paid that much.

19. Betty Crocker Mom

Betty Crocker Mom Well-Known Member

Call Carrie at Carrie Ann Studios, her website is http://www.carrieannstudios.com/ I am sure she can accommodate and I believe she will give you the CD of all the pictures so you can print off which you want.

Very sweet and GREAT with kids, she ahs four of her own 3 boys and a baby girl:)