whats on YOUR Christmas list?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Dec 8, 2009.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I'm getting a new stove! Not that thats what I really wanted :? ....but mine was 15 yrs old and it died Thanksgiving day - so decided to get a new one, and its being delivered today! :hurray:

Bah humbug! delivery just got canceled cause the delivery truck broke down...... bummer!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

Some new gold earrings...I keep losing mine :? I think I took one out while I was napping and dropped it in my sleep...now I can't find it...it is probably in the vacuum cleaner :banghead: That's what I get for napping, huh? :lol:

I asked Santa for a minor kitchen renovation too 8) We'll see if he delivers lol!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Home renovations here too. Recently got the new dishwasher, DH bought a tile saw on Black Friday so I am currently shopping tile. Hoping I won't have to shop a divorce lawyer once we get started. :jester:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

We don't exchange gifts, if you want something go buy it.

I just got a holster for my Ruger .357 AND a mount for the car. :hurray::hurray:

YEAH ME!!! I'm soo.... STOKED!!!!!!

I NEED...
    drawers
    2 long john tops to wear under my work shirts
    1 pr of work jeans
    and those shoes that make your legs and *** look better :lol:

If mom gives me $ for Christmas thats what I'm buying for myself.

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Dad and family got a list that included an

Electric Smoker
    Misc. Patriots stuff
    Season 1 of 24 & Criminal Minds

DH's list was short, I got my grandmothers original wedding band and engagement ring from 1943 and wanted to do something with them. The diamond was taken out years ago and remounted in a newer ring for her, and someone else in the family has that now. But she always bought me jewelry with sapphires (my birthstone), so I took the rings to Jordans and asked what the possibilities were to do something with them. So, they are going to redo the setting and prongs, clean them up, tack the rings together (because they are thin from years of wear) and order me a sapphire to set in it. Its so sentimental, because they both have inscriptions with their initials and dates in them. Until yesterday, I didn't know the date they got engaged, just that little bit of family trivia made my day! :hurray:

6. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

For some reason I've been wanting a metal detector and as always any kind of turtle stuff :)

7. A Yorkie - I hope!

8. Let me know if you get these and if they work. My b-day is coming up in January, and I really want those shoes too. I just don't know anyone personally who has them. I want to know how good they work!!!

9. bandmom

thats cool! I have several of my mother's rings (nothing too fancy) and am thinking about doing something similar!

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I am getting a trip to Jamaica in April of next year, to Sandals, oh and a husband while I am there.

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

11. Vinalexnc

Vinalexnc Well-Known Member

for my wife to beat cancer for the 3rd time..... oh and a new job since my company is laying me off in time for Christmas

12. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

I'll keep your wife in my prayers, my mom has beat it 3 times so it can be done!!

Praying you will found a new job soon!

13. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I am one of those people that are not hard to please. Pretty much anything from the heart, although I could use some slippers, socks, slacks, sweaters,

The biggies are my son to be home for Christmas, my mom's emphasima to go away, our troops to be home with their families....

Vinalexnc ~ I will also keep your wife in my prayers.

14. Vinalexnc

Thank you, Sassymom

This is going to be one rough holiday season for us. I have known of the layoff for a awhile but then to get the news from the doctors was especially tough right now.

My prayers and a Merry Christmas to you and your family !!

15. Vinalexnc

Foreverfaithful thank you

and also my prayers and a Merry Christmas to you and your family !!

16. bandmom

Will add your wife and you to my prayers.

Try not to get too discouraged about the job. DH has been laid off since July, things are tight, but we're making it w/ unemployment and he's has some side jobs. My biggest worry is when the discounted Cobra expires...:neutral:

17. Vinalexnc

Bandmom

COBRA is my biggest worry as well. I hope the Feds will extend the COBRA discount into next year. If they do things will be a little easier.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas !!

18. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

I am getting a new washer cause mine quit :( but hey a new one is always good :)

19. Praying for you and your wife now. :grouphug:

20. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

My Christmas wish will be granted this year; our son will be driving down to spend his holiday vacation week with us! :hurray: