Marriage Counseling

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mnredsky, Dec 8, 2009.

1. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

No, it's not for me and my hubby. A very dear family member and their spouse need a 3rd party to make some things work again.

Anyone know of a good counselor in the 4042/Clayton/McGee's/Fuquay area. They really don't want to travel to Raleigh.........

Thanks guys!!!

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Oh and if you would rather PM me please do......

3. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

just tell them to post their problems here - we gladly give all kinds of free advice! :jester:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :mrgreen:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Clayton Counseling but they changed names...let me see if I can get a hold of someone for you and get the right number.

5. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

Not trying to be smart, funny or out of line, but have they tried Jesus?

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Cleveland Counseling
    Dr Ed Rubes
    love love love
    779-6612

he is right behind the ABC store up at 42

7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

GOOD ANSWER!! :lol:

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I wish someone I know would get their head out of their hiney and realize they have a good man and not to throw it out the window because he's not perfect in every way. No one is..........she needs to get over herself. :?

9. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Not only that, but them telling us their problems would probably help the rest of us feel better. :mrgreen:

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I second him! he's awesome!

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Dr Laura could complete that session in about 2 minutes. :lol:

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

And if that doesn't work, there's always Dr. Jim Beam up front. If you can't work through it, just numb it. ;) Sorry...couldn't resist.

13. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

The solution to a marriage....

1st Corinthians 13 4-8 summarizes it best:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

In reality love is hard - a marriage fails because one or both of them make a voluntary decision to stop loving each other. My recommendation is that they get plugged into a local church, reach out to the leadership and ask and heed their advice. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I have seen way to many marriages break up recently and it is painful to see. If they take God's word and apply to their lives, their marriage can be restored. We have seen many, many marriages restored in our church. They can be another one and be another story to be praise God for.

14. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

....I'm not a Christian, but this is great counsel for both parties.

The only useful input I have to offer is that counseling only works for those that are willing.

15. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:iagree: That is the key! If one party is not willing to seek help then none of these options will work. Divorce is not good, but living in that state is worse IMO.

16. dadoftwo

dadoftwo Guest

I second that!

I heard someone say recently, "It takes 3 to make a successful marriage." That is so true as long as the one in the center is Jesus.