whats on YOUR Christmas list?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Thoughts & prayers to your wife & you. Don't get discouraged about the job market. I hear things are picking up. My brother in-law was out of work for a year & a half! He just got a job last week & is so happy to be working again. So am I as my sister in-law has been rooming w/ us 2 days a week. Joblessness does affect a great deal in this economy. Praying the market picks up soon. Hey, w/ all these Christmas lists, something should pick up soon.

As for my Christmas wish, for us to travel in the summer to pick up our 3 new children from Bulgaria! Very excited & will be a forever family before we know it. What else would I love? Some new, thick, soft terry cloth bathroom slippers. I know it sounds silly but the floor is so cold after a shower. Funny, but I have not been able to find them. Just regular slippers. So, all you shoppers, let me know if you spot them. LOL.

Fun seeing what everyone is hoping/ wishing for. Oh, and for my kids NOT to freak out when they don't see presents this year but a big box. Ha. Can't wait to see the look on their faces. taking them on a Christmas vacation this year versus presents. Please don't let it back fire, please don't let it backfire--LOL.

Stephanie--mom to 7

2. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I had diamond earrings or bracelet on my list until he took me shopping Sunday and oh holy cow what he wants to get me!!! Sorry I can't say what it is....I don't want to jynx it.

3. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Praying for your family! My husband was just let go in October. He has known for a while and things are picking up slowly, but it is still unnerving not knowing when he will find work again. I hope you find a new job soon and I pray your wife will return to good health! :grouphug:

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Vinalexnc, I was just going to hope that 2010 is better than 2009, and you just firmed that up.

I hope that the new year brings you lots of good news.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

A Christmas tree that WORKS. :banghead:

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

There never is a good time to be laid off but right before Christmas is especially tough!
    My husband has been laid off since February but I know that there just has to be a light at the end of the tunnel!
    I'm a cancer survivor also,I will keep your wife and you in my prayers as well :grouphug:

7. AnnetteL

Good job for husband!
    Wishing for myself that I could be with my family more often.

8. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Geez man. Makes me feel pretty selfish asking for anything.

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:grouphug:

10. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I will pray for your wife and you. I truly believe in the power of prayer and with all the "family" here wishing you well, I'm sure things will have to take a turn for the better!

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

:iagree:

You and your wife are on my prayer list, too. :grouphug:

12. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We passed on COBRA. We were able to find insurance through the State Employee's Credit Union (with BCBS) cheaper! I hope COBRA will be extended for everyone who lost jobs and needs to use it, but it might be worth it to check around. PRM suggested that we check independently and it worked out for the better for us!! Great folks on here!!:mrgreen:

Annette, I want a job for my DH too for Christmas! He got a phone interview today! Keep your fingers crossed!! For both of them!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
  13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. Right now its not too bad since we're still in the 'discount' time frame, but unless they extend it, we'll have to look around come spring. I checked BCBS since thats who we're w/ now - and it was high! :?

So where do you find the ins info on the secu site? I couldn't find it.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  14. AnnetteL

Thanks! That really would be a great present indeed!:)

15. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

My hubby went to the branch in Clayton and they gave him a number to call to get a representative. The guy emailed the options to us and we picked one that worked (by deductible/premium). He took care of most of it, but it didn't seem too complicated, mostly on the phone and online. It was definitely cheaper than adding them to my state plan (also with BCBS). Good luck!

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

She sounds like a kick cancer in the *** chick. Give her a hug for me.

I wish you ONLY the best for the new year and EVERY year.

17. I got my Yorkie tonight! He is a cutie! I'll post a pic soon.

18. Vinalexnc

Vinalexnc Well-Known Member

To all mt fellow 4042'ers

Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes!!

Sorry to be kind of a downer during the holidays. I am normally a fairly positive person but this time around things seem to be really getting to me. I needed to vent a little. But starting to today I’ve got to change my attitude because being more positive will certainly help my wife and I get through this.

My wife is a fighter that for sure!! And though this is the 3rd time around we are going to beat it!!

Again thanks to all of you!! It’s nice to know there are people out there who care!!

Happy Holidays!!

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's what we're here for. :grouphug:

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

:grouphug: Sending love and good thoughts to you and your wife.

As for my list, I just wanna pay down medical bills!!