BEWARE of Frankie's Fun Park....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by clements4christ, Dec 10, 2009.

1. clements4christ

clements4christ Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine was there today and his NEW car was broken into and they stole a GPS and much more. It will cost him $135 for a new window. Unfortunately, no fingerprints were present, nor do they have security cameras..........Just wanted everyone to be careful out there!

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I don't know the circumstances, but lots of times you see people leave their GPS in plain view and that gives a thief reason to break the window. Once in, he can snoop around and see other items he (or she) may want. Side windows are easily broken and seen into unless you have dark privacy glass. Stash expensive items under the seat or in the trunk where a passerby with a flashlight can't spot it. I always remove my Valentine One from the windshield because it would be too expensive to replace and would definitely be a target for thieves.

3. bout2bmarried

bout2bmarried Active Member

i agree leave gps(or any other things in sight) in window you are inviting low life thiefs

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

and lets not forget, if you've programmed "home" on your GPS, when stolen then the theives have your home address as well.

I always keep my gps out of view and tucked away in the center console and I don't leave the mount for it up either.

5. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I am sorry for your friend but this could and does happen anywhere. My car was broken into many years ago and my auto insurance helped cover repair/replacement costs.

6. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

You're blaming the establishment?

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Only thing I leave mounted to the windsheild in my vehicles is the Sirius radio.

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. It could happen anywhere nowadays.

9. clements4christ

clements4christ Well-Known Member

I am not blaming the establishment!!!!! Cameras just may aid is catching a criminal, that's all.....

I here ya'll about the "plain sight" deal and agree.

Thanks for your participation.

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Nice thing is now that my phone is GPS unit, I wouldn't even think of leaving it behind.

Don't forget regarding the "Home" thing that even the least expensive Garmen has a security code option.

11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I do agree that a place like that should have either a security guard walking the parking lot or monitoring it from security cameras. People nowadays have to be careful making assumptions that they are being cared for, but an establishment like this should have some sort of nighttime security. A company like this can afford it. I've never been there, but from my understanding it equates to being in no-man's land when it comes to law jurisdiction. Too far out for Raleigh PD patrol and probably either on the fringe or out of range for Durham PD. Is it in Wake County or Durham? Then it becomes the Sheriffs Dept's problem. In contrast, Adventure Landing is probably within a couple of minutes of a Raleigh police officer most of the time.

12. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

Just have a trip wire, hooked to your replaceable electronics, with a time delay, and ........