A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yes, he drinks beer, but only very occasionally. I don't think he'd have time to do that between working all the time and scouts...............I think I will put that on the list for a later date though! He might enjoy that someday. :cheers: Good idea! Thank you!

He likes to grill..............maybe I can find something in that area he doesn't already have. Seems a little self-serving though. Kinda like the men giving us lingerie! :lol:

This is the problem with being together so long............I've exhausted my creativity after all these years, LOL.:jester:

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Maybe a smoke box and assorted wood chips? Do you have a rotisserie attachment? A grill cover with his favorite team on it?

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

All wonderful ideas...........................except we use a "Big Green Egg" and he's got most of the "Eggcessories" that are out for that (it's a ceramic smoker/grill that uses lump charcoal). Can't use a rotisserie with it either. :?

See why I'm :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ? :jester:

Thank you for your help though!! Two heads are better than one, inspiration may strike!! :hurray::hurray::hurray: It is much appreciated. :cheers:

I'm sorry if I seem to be shooting down ideas, I'm not trying to be difficult............he's "difficult". LOL!!

4. Cleopatra

No, not at all! Does he hunt? Maybe a dehydrator to make jerky? A meat grinder?

Some stock in REI?
    n/m - no stock - isn't that part of the membership? Owning part of the company. Buncha treehuggers. ;)

Hmmmm...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

His and hers knee pads?

:mrgreen:

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. Our anniversary is the 17th and my birthday is the 28th. Once we make it through that then we have the DD's 18th b-day in January :banghead:

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My birthday was the 5th....................I hate December as far as gift giving goes. :lol:

8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hmm, how about some cool camping accessories for the scout trips? Last year I gave DH these really cool salt and pepper shakers that double as miniture laterns for camping.

Thermal underwear?

Gift card to a butcher type place for meat?

Handheld GPS so the scouts can do some geocaching while camping?

Does he like Nascar? Richard Petty driving experience?

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks!!!! :hurray:

10. JenniferK

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm telling ya'll..............he's a gadget, techno freak and it's driving me CRAZY!!

They are offering ride-alongs for the Nascar experience for $59!! :hurray:

12. JenniferK

13. CraigSPL

14. Cleopatra

OUCH! I think I'll just get a tattoo. lol

15. For those of you who are not married yet, do not get married in January. My anniversary is January 15th. We never get to go anywhere cool and far away because we're so broke after Christmas!

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

It's only December 11th. Maybe hubby will surprise you.

17. Ha ha! I guess "cool" was the wrong word to use. I actually meant somewhere hot like the Carribbean. We talked about it and decided to save up and go somewhere later in the year. The rates are high right now anyway for the Carribbean too. I know he won't be surprising me unless the money's coming from some unknown source. :) He's had a tough year with a lot of his work equipment breaking down and many unexpected expenses. It's okay though. I'm just thankful to still be married after 10 years and to have such a good man.

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Burr Chilly.
    It'll take till Spring for me to thaw out. :cry:

19. CraigSPL

By then you will be an hgsicle.

20. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I was thinking about you today.,.. I bet you 'bout froze your hiney off!