Great Website: Christmas Cookies.com

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Dec 13, 2009.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

http://www.christmas-cookies.com/index.php

I couldn't find my fudge recipe and while searching online, stumbled across this website.

Now..............off to make some Fantasy Fudge. I don't make fudge very often, hope it turns out! :mrgreen:

2. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Oh, used this last year. It is awesome! Love this site. Makes me hungry.

Stephanie--mom to 7

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Nice site,thanks!
    Maybe you also like to try these-
    Bring 1 cup of cream to a boil,put aside and stir in 7 bars of chopped up Lindt chocolate.Let cool off a bit.Now stir in 1 cup of ground hazelnuts or other nuts and about 3/4 cup (or a little bit more ;)) of Rum,let cool off completely and shape into balls,roll them either in coconut or chopped nuts.
    Even though the original recipe does not call for it I also stirred in 1 tsp. of cinnamon,3/4 tsp. of cloves and some ground allspice.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That sounds great, Annette!

The Christmas Crack recipe in the recipe exchange here is easy and good, I've made it twice this weekend and everybody loved it. Had to laugh at my granddaughter, her brother asked what's Christmas crack and she said, "It's like regular crack, only festive."

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:lol:

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Hmm, wonder who might have turned you onto that recipe? LOL

7. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

LOL! 8)

8. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Do you know what Christmas Crack filed under in the Recipe Exchange? A search didn't pull it up.

TIA

9. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

They're also called Mystery Bars but the name Christmas Crack fits!

MYSTERY BARS

1 c. butter
    1 c. brown sugar
    2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
    Soda crackers

Line a large cookie sheet (with lip) with foil; cover with soda crackers.

Boil 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar for 3 minutes. Pour over crackers and smooth. Bake 5 minutes at 350 degrees or until crackers float and become bubbly.

Remove from oven; Sprinkle 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet) over top. When melted, spread until covered. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Refrigerate to cool. Break apart and enjoy.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  10. My grandma makes rum balls every year and it seems like she puts more and more rum in them every year. Some of the kids seemed to be stumbling around last year.

11. Soccermom81

Soccermom81 Well-Known Member

The Christmas Crack is good. I had a co-worker bring some in and she called it pine bark. She uses graham crackers and it is awesome. I made some tonight with graham crackers and saltines. They were both great. That is most likely going to be my kids presents to their teachers.

12. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Wow, the graham crackers sound good too... thanks for the tip.