pediatric dentist

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by fizzco, Dec 12, 2009.

1. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

does anyone know any dentist that "specializes" in pediatric dentistry.

I know many regular dentist offer and will see children but i think i would like to take my little guy to a childs dentist.

thanks in advance.

2. thewildmom

thewildmom Well-Known Member

My kids saw Dr. Kindrachuk and Dr. Pfefferle in Raleigh for several years. They were both great with kids, but more expensive than a regular dentist. I think the pediatric dentist route is best for very young kids, but my kids converted to a regular dentist at about 12.

3. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Dr. Dan Howell in Cary is an awesome pediatric dentist!! It's like taking your child to a kind, loving grandpa. Unfortunately he wasn't in our network and we needed switch to someone who was. My children have had great experiences at Dr. R's 40/42 and McGees offices. You have to file your own insurance claims if you go to Dr. Dan.

919-467-0635
    101 SW Cary Pkwy # 80
    Cary, NC 27511

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Can easily recommend Dr Jason Mullen. In researching a new book aimed at kids, "Abigail Doodlebug Brown Goes to the Dentist" (C) FTP 2009, Dr Mullen easily describes how he treats his young patients. His practice is definitely "kid friendly", and we have recommended him for other families, with great results.

From our personal experience, he's a kind, gentle doctor, whom our DD likes and trusts. He's also the dentist of choice for us bigger kids, too.

mullendental.com 919-585-7321, at 100 Pinecroft Drive, off 42 near the DMV office.

5. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

I have to second H6 on Dr. Mullen. He's the best! I will be switching my teenager there this year but younger son goes to pediatric dentist Dr. Parrish behind the Target at White Oak. They've been good to both boys but they do not participate with my dental insurance so always have to pay a little there ($5-10). Dr. Mullen participates with my insurance company so I always know everything is covered in full.

6. wolfpackfan99

wolfpackfan99 New Member

We love the team at Wake Pediatric Dentistry behind Target at White Oak. They were highly recommended by the UNC Dentistry School and have been great with our little guy. They also have an orthodontic practice in the same suite, so you don't have to drive all over town for dental care as your children get older.

http://www.raleighorthopedo.com/

7. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

These folks are wonderful!!!

8. 1pittsburgh

1pittsburgh Well-Known Member

Brooks & Moran in Cary was awesome. The waiting area is great with games for the kids to play and usually a kids movie is playing. They are really great with the kids. http://www.moranandbrooks.com