A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Not really. In the 3 years this person has been in-house with us they have not worked a full week!!

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I didn't know that I was secretly working with you. BTW.....if my work attendance bothers you ask me about it and I'll give you an honest answer.

:mrgreen:

Craig

3. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

do they have the time to take off, if so there is not much they can do about it in all honesty.

4. michelle

Nope.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

If they are hourly there is nothing that can really be done about it either. As an example during the spring, summer, fall months I'll take half days now and then just to play golf, I'm hourly, and know that for the most part any time I lose to the golf course I'll make up somewhere else, so the company doesn't really care, as long as the job is getting done.

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

This is an employment at will state. Unless there is a written contract, the employer can fire them any time for any reason (other than age, sex, race, or religion) or for no reason. I suspect the problem here is either the person is related to, or otherwise very close to, someone in management; or management is a wimp and doesn't like to fire or discipline employees.

7. ok...nevermind I'm not cancelling my account (no need in that) but I will be back under a different name soon. :lol:8)

8. michelle

:confused:

9. It's a long story. :lol:

10. :lol: I'll give it some time. Let's just say there's a lurker here that I could live without. I can't give any other info at the moment. 8):x

11. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I was afraid of that...what a pain. Still hope you have a great Christmas and see ya when you return under your new name.

Almost forgot...Did you go caroling?? I thought it sounded like fun, but I had a concert to attend tonight. Hope it went well.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:? DUDE! Seriously? WTF?

13. At least it's not that strip club dude. :lol:

14. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

That is who I thought it was, but I didn't want to bring up it's name again! Hope things settle soon.

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Don't call until after 10 in the morning please.

nite nite peoples

16. Ha! He's probably lurking around too. I'll tell him to PM you. :jester:

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Gee thanks! How'd ya know that's just what I wanted for Christmas!:ack:

18. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Hey you hairy ape, maybe the thumb is no good, but I have one finger that works just fine!:twisted::jester:

19. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Geesh.... add another to the list of suspects if I vanish. :?

20. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

maybe as drama queen?