$2 Garner Theater

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

I recall at the end of the summer Garner Towne Theater ... near the old Target ... became a $2 theater. Call today to check and they are not advertising as the lowest cost first-run theater. The prices are cheaper than White Oak. Wondering when they made the switch. The $2 price was certainly more family friendly :)

2. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

:evil: that stinks! i was planning on visiting numerous times over the school out time!

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

it lasted about 2 months....there is an old thread about it somewhere....

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

There was an article in the paper not long ago about it. It wasn't profitable.

5. CrazyFabulous

cant imagine why.....dey's lots a poor folks round these parts. self included.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Sister, sister, I am right there with you!! Not ashamed to say we went. I've recently become a fan of Redbox too! Blockbuster can go to heck. :cheers:

7. CrazyFabulous

shoot...we been to the nasty $1 one on blue ridge. your feet stick to the floor and your afraid to lean all the way back in your seat there!!

love the red box cept for a few times we got a scratchd dvd and mama was not happy! you can order ahead of time on the net too! that is awesome!!!

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:allears:

OOOHHH! I didn't know you could order ahead! That's why I am late to the party, I had looked at it a few times and they didn't have the new releases I wanted at the time!! So I stuck with Blockbuster a few more months. I wish they had Bluray, but beggars can't be choosers, LOL.

9. CrazyFabulous

oh yes and it is great! and i love that i can return to any red box! but you know what the box is blue at the new wally world! hummmm.....

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I just noticed while sitting at the stoplight on 70 by the theater, they have a billboard up with their prices. Adults are $7, and I cant remember the kids or seniors prices, sorry.

11. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I have not used the red box but we decided to go with NetFlix, which we love. We can watch the movies at our leisure and no late fees. You get sent new movies as soon as they receive the one you sent back. It only takes a day or two to get the movie.

As far as the cheap theaters, when we go to a movie, we got to Howell theater in Smithfield. $2 per ticket.

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant to post this info a while back. My friend and I went last month to see Time Traveler's Wife and they told us then that it was actually the last day being $2. They went back to first runs the weekend Twilight came out I think it was. But it is cheaper than White Oak if you're just looking at price. I did enjoy the $2 while it lasted, we went probably 3 or 4 times. The woman at the register that told us about it wasn't very happy, said she thought it was a mistake, that they didn't give it enough time.

13. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

The theater in Smithfield is not $2.00 a ticket anymore. They are like $2.50 now, which isn't a big difference.

14. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Friends went to the theater earlier this week - to the one in Garner - found out AFTER they got there that it was NO longer $2.00....... :-(

Guess Howell Theater keeps all our business.

15. I saw that billboard too. Is $7 still cheaper than most first-run theaters? It's been so long since I've been to a movie, I don't know! Someone told me it's $10 a person some places.

16. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

Blue Ridge in Raleigh...1.50

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

The Howell Theatre has Paranormal and Couples Retreat playing , and there is an Oyster Bar/PUb opening next door. I used to go to Blue Ridge years ago, but then somebody got shot there.