Tile Guy or Girl

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by firefly69, Dec 16, 2009.

1. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Looking for quotes to put tile in the master bath and possibly the kitchen. I have had it with the shower enclosure and want someone to rip it out and do tile instead and do the floor and around the whirlpool tub. I would love to do the kitchen floor and breakfast nook too if we can get a good quote.
    Does anyone know someone who does this and does it well??? Would love to find someone who is in business for themselves or maybe does this "on the side". Just need an install. I would have no problem with the demo/prep part. I am actually looking forward to that! Thanks!

2. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

We had someone local (self employed) do the same thing in our bathroom. Ripped out a fiberglass shower stall and he put in a tile one and also did the floor. He also tiled on the wall around the new jacuzzi tub we put in. Very reasonably priced and did a great job. Send me a msg if you're still interested and I'll get you his name and number.

3. LLI

LLI Active Member

We work with several local tile installers (that are not employed by us) and we like to refer Steve Moss. Great guy, honest, dependable and rea$onable!
    Send pm for his direct phone number.

4. LLI

LLI Active Member

PS: Another idea just in case you choose to keep the shower insert for now! Happy Holidays and Happy Decorating!!! :)

[​IMG]

5. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

What does this run including materials?

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Thanks Guys for the referral offers. I will be getting those pm's out to each of you first thing tomorrow morning, so look for 'em then (gotta go cook dinner now)! I like the pics with the tile accents, but I absolutely HATE that shower enclosure so it will be a joy to rip it out!! Also hate the floor covering...it's gotta go too if the price is right. Thanks again. You all never fail to help!:grouphug:

7. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I second Steve Moss, PS. Thanks LL for the enclosure Idea, I love that & may need to call Steve myself soon :)

8. LLI

LLI Active Member

I'll try to keep this short... though difficult for me!:)

Since each job varies due to material selection, areas, patterns, demo, etc, we can only suggest a budget number based on the tile seen in the before & after picture we posted earlier... (but keep in mind, no demo was necessary and typically LABOR COSTS MORE than the materials!)

Also, please note, though we sell tile, we are not tile installers. Therefore, based-off our experience working with our client from the pictured job, we'd estimate $400 as a budget number for materials & labor for the tub backsplash and the wall to ceiling above the shower insert. Could be more... could be less... but this should give you a good starting point! Hope this helps!

Happy Holidays and Happy Decorating!!!