What are you Grateful for

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kaci, Dec 18, 2009.

1. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

During this holiday season that we all enjoy and look forward to all year and for those of us that believe we are celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, what do you feel so grateful for?

i feel totally blessed and grateful for the wonderful friends i have that give truly from the heart with no judgments or expectations for glory or acknowledgment. Those that truly give from love expect nothing in return and i feel so blessed that i have so many friends that totally fulfill that role:grouphug:

2. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

the list goes on and on....

I am greatful that I have a wife and family that loves me. I am greatful that God has given me two healthy and happy children who are eager to learn about God and have started to understand what it means to be a Christian. I am greatful that I have a job in today's economy. I am greatful I have a church that has exposed me to what Jesus is really all about and has convicted me as a Christian to have a heart for others rather than self. I am greatful that I moved to NC 4 years ago so my life could go in a better direction. I am greatful that I am a part of church community and neighborhood community that is truly there for you when you need them. I am greatful that one day I will see my Mom in heaven in the future and prayerful my children will come to Christ and we will be in eternity together forever. I am greatful that I have shelter, food and all of the basic needs in life and God has chosen to bless with me with so much more. I pray that those that are looking for something to help them get through a situation or looking for direction, they turn to Jesus and understand that He can get them through anything. With Him, you will learn to be greatful for what you have and not worry about what you don't have. Merry CHRISTmas! May you all have the fruits of the holy spirit. They are available to all should you seek them; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well that is wonderful C3 but i was truly hoping to get a thread of what people feel grateful in their everyday life, not a sermon. Thank you for your response and i am glad that you found what you needed but i truly want to know what regular people feel grateful for without preaching or religion involved:grouphug:

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

A warm Beagle

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:grouphug::grouphug:

6. I'm grateful that I can sleep in the morning because as you can see, I'm still awake. I'm grateful for God's mercy and love and that we can celebrate the birth of our Savior this time of year. I'm also grateful that I have a warm house, can take hot shower, have plenty of food, a good husband, healthy kids, and I'm very grateful for my Mama and Daddy. Okay... I'll stop there. I could go on and on. Maybe I'll go to sleep now. :)

7. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm grateful for so many things, family, friends, health... but I'm especially grateful to have survived to see another Christmas season. I usually wish for Christmas to come and go asap. But this year I feel it's coming too fast and it won't last long enough. I cherish the little things much more now than I did back in October. The 'little things' are much more recognizable now. ..I am blessed and have many 'little things' to look forward to.

8. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

for these wonderful boys that live in my house!! :) i dont live close to my family (i am so thankful for them and miss them terribly). i am very thankful for the friends i have here that are also my family.....i could not make it without them!

ALSO.....

that the KENTUCKY WILDCATS are back!!!! :hurray::hurray::hurray:

9. Oops! - I didn't see the part about not involving religion. I guess that's hard to do when when this is the time of year Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus. It's just that grateful and God go hand in hand to me. Without Him, I wouldn't have the rest of the people and things that I listed as being grateful for. :)

:grouphug: All of us that slept in a warm bed last night should be grateful for that alone. :cry: There are some people out there that didn't.

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I'm grateful for my family and friends, including my wonderful church family and my fabulous 4042 family. I'm grateful for a roof over my head, a warm bed, and food on the table.

11. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I am grateful that my teen may actually graduate from high school this year. Seems like I went back through high school getting her through.

I'm grateful for all the friends, family and some people I've never met who helped our family get through this year.

I'm grateful that my Mother is now our guardian angel and she is at peace.

I'm grateful to now have some time to spend conversing with my 4042 friends.

Sherry

12. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Kaci, This does not sound like you at all!!!!! I'm thankful for the birth of CHRIST. How can one be thankful for all the many things we enjoy daily with out mentioning the real reason for the holiday. Merry CHRISTmas to all. May you all have CHRIST in your heat. Pat

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You need to re-read her original post. 8)

14. Pat's not the only one that was confused because Jesus is mentioned in the original post but then later Kaci says not to mention religion. It's no big deal, but I thought it was a little odd too. It just sounded like she had a problem with the person (jenn?) that talked about Jesus and gave us a "sermon." She referred to her as C3 and that she wants to hear from regular people. Am I missing something? Was that a post from the church? :?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2009
  15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I'm grateful Sherry is back, Merry Christmas Sherry! I will be even more grateful if she still has a printer for me. ;)

16. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thanks, Cleo. Made a promise so I still have that printer for you. Missed you!

Sherry

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

And I still have those books, I will be grateful to get them out of my closet. lol

18. jennandchad

jennandchad Active Member

Just responded truthfully and honestly to your post

You asked what I was thankful for in everday life and that is I what I put. No mention of C3 what so ever.....

19. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

I am grateful for my wonderful friends and family. I am thankful for my "higher power" that has given me the courage to face this past year and come out stronger.

20. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

My Savior, Jesus Christ.
    My family.
    Good health.
    My friends.