Illegal Immigrants in the community colleges

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ima Sheltie, Dec 18, 2009.

1. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

This story is so touching......I'm about to cry. Yeah...cry for the roofing contractor who hires LEGAL workers, paying workman's comp, social security on his workers, maybe even trying to provide a little health or disability insurance for his workers, paying unemployment insurance, and is following the OSHA safety guidelines......but then gets underbid on the job by your merry band of illegals who are all working under the table and off the books.

Of course the roofing contractor who gets underbid is also wearing out physically because he's been doing the work for 20 plus years..... having to do the same job he did 10 years ago for half the money today....just so he can be competitive with these wonderful working ILLEGALS who are sending 50% of their monies back to their home countries....getting free health care in the emergency rooms and welfare for the children that their ILLEGAL wife dropped on American soil as an anchor baby.

Don't believe it? Go through the yellow pages....look under roofers.....bricklayers....house framers....septic tank installers....carpenters..... etc..... and interview a few.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thank you for making my point for me, I also personally try to obey all the laws. I don't understand why I should make an exception for illegal aliens.

3. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

:cheers::hurray::cheers:

4. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

you don't agree that they're here illegally? or you don't agree that it's wrong?

dude, the system is there for a reason. we take boatloads of immigrants yearly, but the infrasturcture can only handle so much. what if everyone in china decided that america was a better place and they could make a better life for their families than cardboard shacks and a barefoot life on the rice farm in the flood plain of the yangtze and just showed up here, without regard for the borders and immigration laws? what would we do with 1.6 billion people? i understand this is an extreme example, but it's a possiblity if we don't try to regulate the flow of people into the country. and the reality is that our physical limits would be reached long before that number. what if people in your neighborhood decided your house was better than theirs and they could enjoy watching their favorite movies on your tv and eating out of your fridge instead of where they live now? just showed up and moved in. ok, you're a nice guy. you want to help people who aren't as fortunate as you. maybe you feel a little guilty when you compare how good you've got it to what they have. then their friends find out how accommodating you are, and they show up with their families. pretty soon there's like 20 people in your house and 2 bathrooms. then 20 more show up the next day. at what point do you stand up and say "look, i'm all for helping the less fortunate, but this is too much. it's my house and all this is interfering with the functionality of MY family. this has to end. you have to go...." so maybe you let 3 stay. and pay rent. and then you can expand your house and 3 more can move in. and pay rent. and then you can build a duplex next door and 12 more can move in. and pay rent. and so on. but you have to have a limit. you have to have some sort of screening process. you just can't take whoever decides to show up for whatever reason. some of them are going to work hard and pay rent on time. some of them are going to steal you blind. there has to be a way to deal with all of them without breaking the very mechanism that allows for the advancement of their standards of living...

enforcing the system also allows us to let in the honest hard workers and identify and keep out the criminals we don't want. hard to do when there's 20 million lawbreakers rendering the system unable to properly operate due to just not knowing where or how to start.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Didn't say you should, I just think there are a lot more bigger issues and worse crimes.

6. dangerboy

crossing the border, living off the system, avoiding taxes and licenses, sending GDP to another country by the billions = 5 over the limit on I-40. didn't you know that? duh...

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

With the exception of crossing the border, not all do the things you discuss. If they do they should be pursued.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

As it stands, crossing the border is illegal. There you go, picking and choosing which laws YOU think should be enforced. Get elected and change them. Until then.........................................

9. dangerboy

so it's the fact that you don't think crossing the border illegally is illegal.

how the hell can i argue with that?

10. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Game. Set. Match

I'm sure some liberal will come on here and say it's not right that the mean ole law abiding roofer make all the money so it should be taken away in favor of people who are "hard working" since they had been starving in another country.

Blah blah blah.........idiot liberals are destroying this country and they seem to enjoy it.

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

:iagree: (except for that one point about welfare - I think they have to be legal to get welfare) The points about businesses hiring legal employees and paying their employers taxes and workers comp, etc., trying to compete with those unscrupulous employers who don't, are well made.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Where in any of my posts have I said that?

13. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Hmmmm - wonder where trespassing would fall on the sacred list of law enforcement?

14. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Remove the legal aspect and review the other negative impacts they have on us:

Many of them are victims of human trafficking. By condoning their presence here you support this illegal trade of people.

Illegal immigrants redistribute income away from workers who compete with them in the labor market. In the past 10 years low-skilled natives wages fell by 9% as a result of illegal immigration.

Their pay is predominantly "under the table" which impacts tax revenue and public expenditure.

A large portion of the accumulative money they earn does not stay in the local loop and is sent out of country.

Continuing high levels of illegal immigration are an undermine to the rule of law and weaken the ability of the U.S. government to enforce labor-market regulations.

Illegal immigrants use public services by sending their kids to public schools, fire and police protection, driving on roads and highways, and receiving public assistance, with families that have larger numbers of children absorbing more expenditure.

Illegal immigrants generate an average net fiscal burden of $220 on native taxpayers. That takes into account the amount of net fiscal 'savings' the illegals created. You saved but you lost. In 2007 illegal immigration caused an annual income loss of 0.07 percent of U.S. GDP. (Hat, you did not save any money on that new roof. "You can pay me now or pay me later", is your result.)

Allowing illegals to work in this nation only perpetuates a leach that will suck till all the blood is gone. At that point, they will leave this nation and move on to the next blood source. And in doing so leaving behind the burden they created. Read Sundays paper:Deported parents leaving children born in U.S.

15. dangerboy

ok then, clarify. that's the only conclusion i can come to based on what you've posted. you've done everything but actually use those words...

16. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Interesting article! Thanks for posting.

Two things stood out in the article:

Does this mean that amnesty is not the only way for them to become legal?

So they do know it's wrong? (yes I saw the part about no other option - I call BS).

17. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

This could be the first time I agree with you. Holy Christmas.

18. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Well-Known Member

Think about me. I make a post that KDs and Wolf both agree with. Guess even an old wore out clock is right twice a day.

19. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

It kills me when you hear the word "illegal", everyone automatically thinks of Mexicans. We have illegals from every county there is. Silly silly people!

20. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

Do we have any illegals from Wake County now? :lol: