A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

burnt bacon is no good, and I love bacon

2. :lol: Tell me about it!

3. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm, bacon! :drool:

(trying to lose some weight...)

4. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

DS told me that Bacon makes the world go around

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Mona, I will miss you!

Sweet Baby James

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Happy Monday....

Short week for me....wish it were a tad shorter, but feel blessed to have a job!

7. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

So if a tennant starts moving into a house 2 weeks before the lease starts can the tennant be charged rent for those 2 weeks even if the other person still had stuff in there? And can a landlord freely go back in the house to move the stuff once new tennant have moved in? These are my questions to ponder today.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What does your lease say? Please tell me you have a written lease...........................................

9. Tangerine

There is a written lease that began on 12/5. The tennant started moving in before Thanskgiving. Its a basic lease that states landlord cannot just walk in the house without notification. The tennant moved in without paying rent on the 5th and now refuses to pay the full months rent for Dec.

10. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm having lunch with one of my HS friends! :hurray:

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Then they need to pay a pro-rated amount from the day they moved in. You don't get to move in and live rent-free unless that agreement was made prior.

12. Tangerine

Tennant doesn't think she should pay rent because she wasn't actually living there yet her stuff was there. She basically wanted a free month to move her stuff in and get it unpacked before rent started. I'm at my wits end with this woman and tempted to just go change the locks on the door especially since she won't talk to me or meet with me and I haven't even given her the keys yet.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

How did she move her stuff in without keys?? If she has her stuff there prior to the start of the lease, then yes, she owes rent. Her stuff is living there!! Also, I doubt your insurance coveres HER personal property. She needs a renter's policy to cover her stuff. Girl, you either need to get her to pay or give her notice to get her crap out of your house.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

15. Tangerine

She took the spare key that was outside that I wasn't even aware of. Seems my daughter hid a key outside years ago that her friends knew about. She has a check for me today but its not the full amount and if I want it I have to go get it. She has to work and doesn't have time to bring it to me and yes there is an address in the lease where she is supposed to mail it. Oh and I'm getting all this info through my daughter because she won't talk to me. We called her several times yesterday and even went by twice. Left a note on door 2nd time telling her she had til midnight last night to pay or we are changing locks. When she got home she called my daughter instead of me.
    I will be delivering her a nice letter today.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Obviously you are going to have nothing but trouble out of this tenant. I wonder if it is too late for you to back out of this? It probably is, but good grief, you are going to be in for a headache.

17. Tangerine

I'm wondering the same thing especially since she won't give me a copy of the signed lease.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It might be worth your while to consult an attorney. :?

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

20. Tangerine

Oh I will be. I feel like she's just moved into my house with no intentions of paying anything.