A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Sounds like it to me too. It will be much more difficult to get her out once she acutally moves in. Unfortunately, the law will then be more on her side than yours.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

OS, that just sucks.
    She'd pay or she'd be O-U-T lickedy split.

Plans changed for lunch. :banghead::banghead:

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

oh no, what happened?

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Parts were on back order for a job they are on right now. Gotta run to Raleigh then all the way back here (just down the road) to deliver the parts. They are going to be done EARLIER than expected on the job.

On a good note: We're going shooting tomorrow. :hurray::hurray:

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Unless your daughter's name is on the lease, I would also tell your daughter not to deal with her.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Definitely tell your daughter she is not allowed contact with the tenant, and should the tenant contact her again, she needs to tell the tenant that its not her property and she cannot speak, negotiate or accept any monies on your behalf. If it were me, I would not go get the check, she didn't have it to you by midnite. Once you take the check and cash it, I would think it would make it that much harder to get rid of her. Almost as if your accepting her terms, instead of forcing her to accept yours. Call her and tell her that her belongings will be waiting for her on the curb. I would think the law would be on your side since Dec. rent should have already been paid, rent is supposed to be paid for the month in advance, not in arrears. So you have that she illegally entered the property before the lease began, stored her belongings for 2 weeks, and still hasn't paid a dime. Yep... I'd kick her to the curb and look for another tenant.

JMHO though.... :twisted:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

:iagree:

I would call the sheriff's department and tell them that someone moved into your rental home, with no lease, and you did not give her a key, that she stole a spare hidden outside the home. Then tell them you want her removed immediately.

If you haven't accepted money, and she can't produce your signature next to hers on a lease, then she's SOL....

9. I need prayers today. My parents do too. Their divorce is final on December 28th which also happens to be my dad's birthday. I'm excited about Christmas but I'm sad about what follows. They've been separated for 4 years but it's still sad to think about divorce. They were together for over 30 years. I love my Mama and Daddy so much. :cry:

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so sorry:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:grouphug:

12. Thanks Kaci and Nsane - yall are so sweet.

13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

You love them both and they love you, as well. You're grown and they know what's best for themselves. Perhaps they'll both find an appreciation for each other in a different light that they do not presently have. I do wish you and your family peace and happiness this Christmas with many more to come.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

:grouphug: and prayers! My parents have been divorced for almost 30 years, but its still a kicker at the holidays... trust me.

15. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Tangy - I agree with Tassy & Jen on this one. I also think you *really* do not want this woman renting your house. I'd be tempted to go get the money - after she wrote "Storage fees from ##-##-## to today's date" on the memo line. lol

16. Thanks so much. I guess the strangest part is they do still love each other and spend a lot of time together. I know they have to do what's best for them but sometimes I wonder why they think this is best considering how they feel about each other. I think people assume that because a child is grown it doesn't hurt as bad when parents split up, but it has been one of the worst and most heartbreaking experiences of my life. It's like losing a parent because I almost saw them as one person or one unit I guess you could say. Now it's like that one person was split into. It makes it even more real to me now that the divorce is almost final.

17. Peanut question

I know this is a stupid question but I'm not very knowledgable in the kitchen sometimes. Do they sell peanuts that are already chopped (kind of like the ones they give you with your sundae at McDonald's)? I was at Wal-mart today and saw tons of chopped pecans but no peanuts. I even went to the section where they sell mixed nuts and cans of peanuts and I didn't see any chopped peanuts. Is there such a thing or do I have to do the work? :mrgreen:

18. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree:

19. Oh, that makes sense! I'll go to Lowes. Thanks PRM - You are the nut expert. :lol:

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Spent the weekend at Busch Gardens Christmastown.

Good - It was beautiful. They really did a great job for their first year. I'm ready to go back. The kids loved it.

Bad - Blizzard. Our group of 18 people came from NC, FLA, MD and NY. Traveling was a nightmare for most of them. Flights were diverted to different cities. We spend Saturday retrieving everyone from where they were stranded but it was worth it.