Christmas cookies?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Dec 1, 2009.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Cleo, made your PB balls. They're good, but my advice for anyone who tries them is if you put them in the freezer to harden, don't leave them in too long or the rice crispies get chewy...

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

http://www.global-recipes.com/german/christmas_goose.html

3. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

http://germanfood.about.com/od/celebrations/r/weihnactsgans.htm
    personally I would prefer this recipe for goose.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

so far today I've made sausage balls and choc pnut butter balls (mine do not have rice krispies in them, lol) I use my grandmother's recipe (graham cracker crumbs, pecans, coconut, butter, powdered sugar, dipped in choc) they didn't turn out as good as hers though.....but still brings back lots of good memories! :)

5. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

What a bum! :lol::jester::lol:

Sherry

6. Sherry A.

We usually make Swedish cookies (just on the cookie side). They are wonderful and have been passed down through the generations.

I cannot give out the recipe but might sell it for around $200,000.00. Just kidding kiddies. :mrgreen:

Sherry

7. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Done -

Choc Peanut Butter No Bakes
    Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies
    Honey-Wheat Cookies
    Toffee Cookies

Next -

Cocoa Crinkle Sandwiches
    Peanut Butter Balls
    Sweet Potato Pie

Last -

:cheers:

8. Sherry A.

Looks like we might have to make a stop at your house before leaving tonight.........I'm hungry just reading your list.

Sherry

9. Cleopatra

There's plenty! I am making up baskets for four families and we will still have enough to gnaw on over the next week. After that it is salad and looking into a gym membership. lol

10. MizSeeker

MizSeeker Well-Known Member

ok I'm needing recipes for some of these - especially anything with expresso ..... I think it was a shortbread?

I usually do baking at Christmas but trying to get moved - I'm just trying to get dinner done Christmas Day!

thank you!

Martha

11. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Easy easy easy.....you have to try this...

1 package oreo cookies
    1 block cream cheese

Grind cookies in food processor till they are like crumbs. Mix in cream cheese. Form into balls. Dip in chocolate.

Oreo truffles....yummy!

12. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

13. Cleopatra

So... Choc covered pretzels... Just Bakers semi-sweet squares and pretzels, right? Or even choc chips?

I have heard of folks using wax. What is the wax for? Are they talking about wax paper to set them on after dipping? Duh?

14. Million Dollar winner

This was the million dollar winner! I'm going to make these this week. It looks easy!!!

Carolyn Gurtz's Pillsbury Bake-Off Million-Dollar Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies

[​IMG] photograph from pillsbury.com

- makes 24 cookies -
    Ingredients

1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
    1/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 cup Jif Creamy Peanut Butter
    1/2 cup confectioners' powdered sugar
    1 roll Pillsbury Create 'n Bake refrigerated peanut butter cookies, well chilled.
    Procedure

1. Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar, and cinnamon; set aside.
    2. In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 (1-inch) balls.
    3. Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
    4. Roll each covered ball in peanut mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Spray bottom of drinking glass with Crisco original no-stick cooking spray; press into remaining peanut mixture. Flatten each ball to 1/4-inch thickness with bottom of glass. Sprinkle any remaining peanut mixture evenly on tops of cookies; gently press into dough.
    5. Bake 7 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.

15. http://wordstoeatby.blogspot.com/2004/12/best-homemade-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

I also made these and followed the advice of the blogger. They're good but I wouldn't say the best in the world. Also, I realized that they taste much better if the dough is refrigerated a day or more. I didn't not use chocolate chips. I used gherridelli semi-sweet baking chocolate broken up into pieces. Oh so chocolately!!!

16. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Got my stuff ready. Peanut butter cookies, decorated sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. This is the plan. I'm not much of a baker.

17. Cleopatra

What? Premade cookie dough in a winning recipe? Blasphemy!!!

18. That's the beauty of it for me!! :lol: The easier the better. You should have read all the comments of the sore losers after that recipe. Here's the thing, Pillsbury makes you choose from a list of ingredients and I really believe they want something simple that will make people go and out buy those few ingredients - including the Pillsbury create and bake peanut butter cookie dough. Of course!

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

lol. Busted. The peanut butter and chocolate chip will be from scratch, but I am cheating on the sugar cookies. They're coming from mix a bag! I am going to roll them out and have the boys use my nearly never used cookie cutters that I've had for years. I remember we used them once to make Christmas tree decorations. Sad, sad, sad...

20. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Jenn, I also use the vanilla oreos, add cream cheese and peanut butter, top with melted chocolate. I am going to do peppermint oreos as well.