Break In's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ahlsmiles, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

Hi 40/42 Fam,

Anyone experienced any break in's lately? We had one last night, our "locked" car got broken into. What a way to start a morning.....

Just wondering if someone was on a stealing spree last night?!?!

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so very sorry to hear. Unfortunately there always seems to be more of this thing around the holiday season:cry: What area are you in?

3. ahlsmiles

off of 50/Mt. Pleasant. Sucks to wake up to that but it's cool. We thought that locking the door, and keeping the outside lights on would be enough, guess not.

4. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

Yup, our neighborhood off Old Fairground Rd. two weeks ago..one locked car and one unlocked. (two diff houses) and they busted out the window of the locked car.

Stay safe!

5. ahlsmiles

@JellyBean-****es me off to no end. We are actually off of old fairground also. We keep all our cars locked and the busted and the back window of the suv to steal my husband's subwoofer. I hate someone who steals, especially when we work hard and save up to buy the things we want.

That's fine...a home surveillance will be installed today.

GGRRRRRRR!!!

6. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've read that in many cases, thieves scope out neighborhoods beforehand. Items like a GPS unit on the windshield (as was discussed last week) will often encourage them to enter the vehicle and then plunder what they can, but obviously this can happen in a parking lot.
    In the case of a subwoofer, they might have heard his stereo at some time or another and knew that it was back there...especially if it was behind tinted privacy glass. It takes a brazen thief to come on somebody's property and bust out the window of a vehicle under an outdoor light...especially if you were home at the time. I'd bet it was somebody that lives fairly nearby.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

call HG, she's the best for alarm systems:hurray::hurray:

8. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

ditto KACI's post!

9. This happened to me years ago. Sometimes I wonder if I should just keep my car unlocked and take all valuables out! At least I wouldn't have a broken window to deal with. When it happened to me, I was at work. I had gone to my parents' house the night before and got a bunch of stuff out of their attic like my old scrapbooks, ballet bag and first pair of ballet shoes - sentimental stuff no one would want - or so I thought. All of it was gone.

10. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

My security system consists of 3 dogs. One of whom barks and starts a commotion if he hears a cricket fart :)

11. garnet

garnet Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to use that Cricket Farting line later tonight when my husband. I bet he's going to bust a gut. That's awesome.

12. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

we had one last night in our neighborhood.

13. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

A farting cricket?

14. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

That too.

15. ahlsmiles

Sorry about that kdog! :-(

I bet they live close by too....can't cry over spilled milk I guess but it still sucks. We have a house alarm and all the cars have alarms but on this particular auto if you bust the back glass the alarm doesnt sound. Sounds like this person/s knew that. We have two dogs but they were knocked out cold; guess I walked them too much that day.

There is nothing I hate more than a thief. I work hard for my crap...very brave to come on to someone's property and take something that doesnt belong to you. Better be glad my husband didn't catch them is all I have to say................

16. HeidiB

HeidiB Active Member

Carrington Place

Just a heads up...there was a house broken into in Carrington Place off of Cornwallis on either Wed or Thurs. Forced entry while no one was home. Please report anyone suspicious and stay safe this holiday season!:evil: