Christmas cookies?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by AnnetteL, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Naturally. Of course they want you to buy their products. Let me know if you want me to give you a *real* peanut butter cookie recipe. ;) lol

nsane - I usually do the sugar cookie dough/cookie cutters but the dough is so hard to work with and my new kitchen is so small anyway I have to clear space to roll stuff out. I am making breakfast right now and am doing drop biscuits so I don't have to move anything. They need to come out with some space age dough glove, like silicone or something that won't stick to the dough and will ramain room temp or cooler, not melting the butter in the dough.

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

its probably parafin wax - its added to help the choc harden and gives it shine.

3. I've tried this before with dough because someone recommended it. If you cover your hands in cooking oil or butter (sounds gross) and then work with the dough and never sticks. It might affect the cooking a little though. :lol: It has worked for me though.

4. Oh and I do have peanut butter cookie recipes. I just wanted to try the million dollar one to see if it's really that great. It does look good. I love peanut butter! We'll see. I'll let yall know!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I want a recipe for fudge with peanut butter in it. Not peanut butter fudge (all peanut butter), but chocolate fudge with peanut butter. Can't seem to find one like what my Mom used to make.

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

8. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

That is correct. A shortcut is to buy the little tubs of ready to melt chocolate that you just stick in the microwave, then dip anything you want. Can't remember the brand. It doesn't make much so if you have a lot of dipping to do it would be expensive. I use it all the time in the spring for strawberries. Yum.

9. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I had the urge to try rumballs this year. I love rum, I love balls, why not!?

Kidding....

I found a recipe that seemed simple enough and said I could substitute whatever liquor I had. It was Sunday, the ABC was closed and my husband had Johnny Walker.

Johnny Walker does not make good balls. They were so strong that your mouth burned before you even bit into it.

I remade them last night with Khalua any they were delicious!

10. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Here is my Coffee Shortbread Recipe (from Taste of Home)

Coffee Shortbread
    • 1 cup butter, softened
    • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    • 1/4 cup sugar
    • 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
    • 2 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt

• 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
    • 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
    Directions
    • In a bowl, cream butter, sugars and coffee granules. Gradually beat in flour and salt.
    • On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. to 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
    • Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with melted chips. Yield: about 5 dozen.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

12. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

LOL

I posted this recipe a few pages back! GMTA! They are super yummy and easy to make!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, crap! Musta missed that, sorry!! :oops: I'd never had them before.

14. Cleopatra

Yeah, I finally looked it up and decided I was not going for presentation. They should just be happy and lick their fingers clean. ;)

15. Cleopatra

The sugar cookie dough has a ton of butter in it. You refridgerate it for a few hours and then you can work it. But you have to be quick, and with little helpers it winds up thawing on me - or maybe it's just because I'm so hot. lol

16. Cleopatra

Serial posting here, but I was just teasing you. :)

17. Cleopatra

I did all of my baking on Saturday, and my son has eaten half of what I kept back for the family. Tomorrow I am making a gingerbread house, using Martha Stewart's recipe and finishing up the Frosty pinata.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  18. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

:mrgreen: Could be :lol:

19. Ok, I just gotta say... this is the bomb-diggity! With or without the peanuts it's good. If you love peanut butter, this is awesome. I couldn't find the create and bake dough so I just used regular Pillsbury peanut butter dough and it was very yummy. The cinnamon adds a little twist to it too. YUMMY! Now, I need to go for a jog! :lol:

20. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I got as a Christmas gift from one of my bosses one of Martha Stewart's recipe books. It's all cookies - so many awesome ones; I cannot wait until next year's baskets - there are going to be a bunch of new recipes. Yeah!!!!!!