Illegal Immigrants in the community colleges

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ima Sheltie, Dec 18, 2009.

1. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

:iagree: [​IMG]

Me siento el amor

2. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

That's ok. It wouldn't be that interesting if we all agreed on everything.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

One of my favorite quotes.

"calling an illegal alien an undocument worker is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't want anyone reading these posts to think I am some heartless individual with no compassion for those who want to come into this country. My beef is that if you choose to come here, knowing full well what you are doing is illegal, please don't come whining about it when you get caught and are sent home.

For folks who end up in legal limbo for decisions that were made on their behalf, I hate it, I really do, but the law is the law for a reason. We simply cannot throw open the gate without any sort of control over the sheer numbers. Not to mention that the fact is, there IS sometimes a criminal element involved.

No, not every illegal immigrant is a drug dealer, gang member or murderer, but just as with any other population, there is a percentage that certainly are. We have enough of those here already, we don't need more.

5. CraigSPL

Are you saying we don't need more of this?

[​IMG]

6. turtlepits

WOW! Gangs have been around since the 1800's......... but its different when they are Latin?
    I mean come on. We don't need any more gangs period!

7. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

yeah, it's only the "brown" gangs we don't need. of course, we're all just racist brown-haters that are looking for any excuse to crap on the poor, downtrodden latino, right?

this thread gets more and more ridiculous every hour....

8. turtlepits

I glad you could admit your problems! :jester:

9. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

10. LETSGOEERS!!!

LETSGOEERS!!! Well-Known Member

Just drink the grape juice and let things be people. Unless everyone quits voting in the same bunch of corporate backed pitchmen, things are only going to get worse. They have broke the unions and good paying wages by bringing in this cheap labor...aka illegals. Everyone on here that is upset about all the illegals taking jobs...what have you done to try to stop it? Look in the mirror...unless you find a way to help stop the influx, your part of the problem. If the government wanted to stop them from coming here they would have done it a long time ago.

11. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

If this is such a wonderful sappy love story, why doesn't she and the boy move to Mexico to be with this wonderful Dad?

12. CraigSPL

As MS-13 is the easiest to grab pictures of, that is what I did.

http://www.altereddimensions.net/crime/MS13Gang.aspx

And based on this page, wheither the gangs are made up of illegal aliens or not they are following the trail of illegal aliens.

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_of_illegal_immigration_gangs.html

13. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

They have hope that something in the law will change and they want to give their son the life they grew up with. I don't expect that they will stay apart forever. The point was that some illegal aliens are such by no choice of their own. Not everyone will agree, but it is difficult to reason why there is no legal recourse for a man who committed this "crime" at only 5 years of age at the instruction of his mother.

14. Shadow Rider

Shadow Rider Well-Known Member

And if his mother had been a US Citizen, who was also a drug dealer and acquired a mansion, he would have been kicked out of that too when she got caught, even though that wouldn't have been his fault either.

Life is hard, it is a b*tch.....if it was easy, it would be a slut.

15. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I would have a hard time believing that if this is true than any old lawyer could get the ruling changed.

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I was kind of wondering the same thing myself - perhaps it is because Mexico is much less lenient than the US is.

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Or call the N&O, they could do a full cover front page expose' - it's about time for another one - isn't it?

18. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Trust me, you can call ICE all day long with reports of illegals working right beside you and they will almost hang up on you!!

I called ICE and the idiot I talked to asked me, "Is he breaking the law, "other", than being illegal?" I had to say, "no", and he said, "Sorry we can't respond to your report."

So, in my determined manner, that night I did a little research and found a crime he was committing. Under U.S. Statute, 'legals or illegals' are required to register at selective services for military duty. The penalty for not registering is; up to a $250,000 fine and 5 years in prison. I called ICE back and asked for the same agent. He more or less laughed at me and told me to quit trying.

Homeland Security & ICE = Rent-A-Cop

PS: Failure to register can mean loss of eligibility for student loans - a law passed in 1982 by Reagan. That law is also being ignored.

19. FUNNYFACE

FUNNYFACE Active Member

Truly the world is not just black and white. You cannot compare someone who is trying to make a better life for their family to a drug dealer. If so Americans are full of criminals! I truly feel that given the opportunity most people would choose to be over here and pay taxes and have the American Dream.Everyone that I met that was illegal would gladly have changed that. They would love to pay taxes and insurance and not be afraid of walking down the street. We all love our families and because we are not in this situation we do not know what it feels like to fight this fight. There are A LOT of people who break the law and have no respect for whats right and whats wrong. I have known many people like this. There are a lot of people who try to do right by their family and live the right way. We should ALL be working hard to make sure we are improving America's way of life and i promise you this is not the root of the problem with America. There are too many things we are not taking care of here that has nothing to do with illegal immigrants. We just like to have a scapegoat for our anger instead of getting off our butts and working to help better our country. People want to be mad and let off steam and focus on trying to find someone to blame instead of trying to fix the real problems. These are all just opinions as is yours. No need to bash people who are not agreeing with you. Bullying has been proven to not change a person's mind:) By the way take welfare away and most people would still find a way to sit on their butt if they are determined not to work! I am all for not having to pay for someone who is not working and think more laws need to followed so children and seniors get the benefits of welfare and not anybody else.

20. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

:nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity:

I think we can all agree that we should welcome ANYONE to the US "for a better life" provided they followed the law in order to do so.