Is anyone still Christmas Shopping?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, Dec 23, 2009.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

That's what it's all about.

Christmas is so commercialized now. Makes me want to thow up. :ack::ack:

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Might as well throw up together ;) since :iagree:100%!

3. What, no shopping at Christmas? :lol: I can't imagine not buying presents at Christmas. I love it! To me it's so fun to pick out things I know my loved ones would want. If I had more money, I'd be buying a lot more! I don't give into commercialization. I just give. Christmas is what you make it. To each his own!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
  4. From the Sea to NC

From the Sea to NC Well-Known Member

No Paycheck + 3 kids = No Christmas. I will be teaching my Children about the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of our saviour Jesus Christ

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  5. I forgot to mention that since I have the financial means (as little as they are - believe me, times are rough), I can shop, but I totally agree that if there is no money, obviously giving can become something other than a material item. I have family members that can't buy gifts but spend time with us or make something yummy. It means so much. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

6. AnnetteL

Exactly!

7. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

We do not have very much $$$ but did shopping for items on sale, clearance, good will, dollar store, etc. Everything A Dollar has things for the kiddos that will make them smile. Sometimes little ones do not understand, so it is hard.

We are not having much for presents, but that is ok....we are thankful for what we can give each other and just enjoy spending time with each other.

8. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Do a favor for all the people with family that work in retail ,,,,, DON'T SHOP ON THE 24TH ,,,,, and let those people go home and enjoy some family time!!!! Isn't it bad enough that they have picked up every mess you've made on the shelves, listened to your kids scream till their lungs burst, put up with adult whiners, fit that size 10 foot into a size 6 shoe, searched an entire warehouse to assure you that there isn't 'one' left, and generally, put up with all the idiocy from people at this time of year?

Walmart has their employees working till 9PM tomorrow. Sick creeps!!!

9. AnnetteL

:iagree:

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: also make sure you get all groceries early, my ds has to work till 8pm at Food Lion - they usually closed earlier in the past, so of course he didn't ask off! :banghead:

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:iagree: too... only thing is.. I have to go to CVS tomorrow morning. But I'll tell ya what! I'll be sure to thank them for working on Christmas Eve to let them know it IS appreciated. And wish them to have a merry one as well.

12. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree: I love the feeling I get when I have found the *perfect* gift for someone!

13. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I also work at FL, but only until 1 pm. If we must get busy, though, I can only hope that everyone has the Christmas spirit, and does not get Scrooge-like at us cashiers. We are doing the best we can, with the mob of people who need to pick up last-minute items. We're all in this together, folks!

Have a great holiday season!

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Finished this morning! Got up at 7 and went to Wally World and had the whole place to ourselves. It was nice!

15. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Stopped buying gifts about 5 years ago. Seemed stupid to exchange gift cards. :lol:

When we had a bigger house, we'd have friends and family over on Christams eve for a party. It was LOTS of fun. Maybe one day, I'll be able to do that again.

16. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I used to work every single holiday. Not exaggerating either. From 4th of July to Thanksgiving Day, New Years Eve, everything. I didn't mind it too much. I LOVED it as an employee when the customers would thank us. Some would even bring food in & that was the best feeling! They cared enough to remember we had to work. Made the day easier and go faster. I thought about doing that this year to some employees today since I'm not working right now. Right now just trying to keep the Christmas excitement in this house to a minimum--LOL. So, since they have to work, just think of remembering to say a quick thank you. It does make a difference. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Stephanie--mom to 7

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sitting in the cafe right now watching my wife in an orgasmic frenzy in Barnes & Nobles.

18. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I had to go to Best Buy this morning. It wasn't too bad. I bought a camera for the MIL on line. When I went to charge the battery for her I found out it didn't work. BestBuy took it back with no receipt or packing slip...no problem. And I thanked the three I spoke with for working today.

19. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Food Lion closes at 7 on christmas eve, it's for the ones that waited to the last moment to shop for christmas dinner...or the ones that just forgot something.
    At our store, we have to pick either work Thanksgiving or Christmas eve, I always pick Thanksgiving cause we close at 3pm anyways. Then I ask for the day after Thanksgiving off, this year I got Christmas eve, and the day after Christmas off. My manager works with the ones, that show up on time and don't call out..and work their butts off when they are there. Not sure what store you son works in, but mine is pretty cool.

20. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

the one at 4042 and there is a sign on the door that says closing at 8pm. oh well, I told him that him working allowed some of the parents to be off to be w/ their children and thats a good thing. :) he won't miss much, just dinner w/ in-laws, but they come over xmas morning too, so its all good. and he may come by after work, if he doesn't have to stay later and 'close'.