What's open today

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by julie0109, Dec 25, 2009.

1. julie0109

julie0109 Member

are they any eating places open today? I don't want to cook dinner! thanks

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Chinese place by Lowes (42/50) and the one by Walmart (40/42), most Chinese places actually

3. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

We got pizza from the new Papa Johns last night. DH said there was a sign on the door stating they would be open today.

4. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

McD's at 4042 is open all day, and most Chinese places.

Anyone know if the Cleveland Post Office will be open on Satuday??

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We went to the one at the new Walmart today for lunch and it was pretty good. Only $8.95 to eat the buffet and the hibachi grill was really good.

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

The one by the new Walmart has the hibachi grill?
    Thinking about trying it too.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

The new place has a good mongolian grill setup, and sushi as well. the old buffet place beside FL and Bull Dog Express shut down their buffet..guess the new place took the business.
    New place is good.

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Good to know,thanks!

9. michelle

Waffle House is open too.

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Waffles at WH after midnight...family tradition.

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I love doing waffle house on New years day. Get a waffle and a double order of hash browns smoothered and covered....MMMMM some good eats. and a cup of coffee.

12. michelle

Scattered, covered, smothered :cheers:

13. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I would feel so much better about eating at WH if I did not have any chance of SEEING the COOKING area....just too
    Nasty! with the big N!:ack::ack::ack:

14. Jocomom

Jocomom Well-Known Member

Where on earth is the post office?! The site I knew of closed (by the gym and Nicoles closet) and I can't seem to find out where it has reopened.

Thanks!

15. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

It's behind the Food Lion.

16. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Its on 'the other side' of 40 now, lol. Around the corner from Curves. There is also one near Food Lion, but they charge a little more for postage and maybe other services.

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

The one near Food Lion is Bulldog Express, they handle shipping by UPS and FedEx. They sell stamps at a little above the face amount, and they offer mailboxes that can handle deliveries from UPS and FedEx, because they give an address like "65 Glen Rd., suite #__" with the suite # being your actual mailbox # - they'll sign for you.

The P.O. is next to Redfield's Martial Arts, across the street from Edward Jones and Fit for Life.

18. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I don't know about the Food Lion up there, but I get stamps at the checkout of the Food Lion on 42East when I do the grocery shopping. Why would anyone pay higher than face value for stamps? Never heard of scalping them like that??!:?

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

That seems to be a common practice at shipping stores. People pay it for convenience sake, even though they could buy them at face value just a few steps away.

20. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

We like to guess which WH location will be on the weekly sanitation report Fridays on WRAL news. There is usually one on there 1-2 times per month.:ack: