A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I can relate to having no traditions. :cry: But we're starting them this year. If anyone wants to see my family before 3 or 4pm they'll have to come to MY house. I've house hopped through the holidays all my life... It didn't bother me until we had kids. Time was taken away from me being with my kids and husband...Hurry up! Unwrap! Sorry, no you can't play now! We have places to go! ...well.. It's MY turn! The day will come, I'm sure, when one or both of my boys have to start to do some house hopping of their own, once they are driving and have girlfriends. .. So for now it's MY turn dammit. And Merry Christmas! lol ... I'm so used to having to do Christmas at others houses it make me feel selfish for wanting time with my own family. Time is short. I want a piece of the pie too.

...sorry... :lol:

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

LOL! I see your point. I guess I will have to do the same when my boys get older. I just HATE last minute planning. With the in-laws they do this every year....even Thanksgiving....it's not like these Holidays change dates......I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to bother. I know Christmas day is OUR day. We don't leave the house. That's the day the kids get to open their gifts and actually get to enjoy them. But nooooo this year the in-laws want to have their get together at Noon on Christmas Day!

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Same here!! Last year was the first time DS ever had Christmas morning at our own house. He was 9! We still went up to VA the next day. This year we are heading up Christmas day around lunch for the 4 hour drive, but that is my choice, trying to avoid some traffic. Thankfully my family is doing their dinner on Saturday. DH's will be whenever we get there I guess, LOL.

4. I don't think every Christmas should be same no matter what - especially for relatives that are stuck on one particular time and day. My mom always resented going to her in-laws every Christmas for lunch for 20 some years. Just once she wanted to stay home and my grandma would put the guilt trip on her. I don't ever want my own kids to feel guilty for not coming to my house at certain and certain day every year. With in laws, things get more complicated anyway. This year we're going to see my mom-in-law the day after Christmas and she's perfectly happy with that. That's the way I want to be.

5. I'm going to be busy, busy until Christmas. In case I don't get back on here before then, I wish everyone here a Merry Christmas!!! It has been great getting to know you fun and crazy bunch of folks this year.

[​IMG] Merry Christmas!!!

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to you and your family too!

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Can you all say a little prayer for those folks that are being held hostage at the post office in VA? That town is where I was born and will be heading there Christmas day. Not sure what is going on or who is involved although everyone in our familes is safe. I hope it is resolved soon. :?

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

So I'm on facebook, and I come across this application called Friends Exposed. Just random questions and joke questions. Anyways, one of the questions is are you smarter than a particular friend. Well, the friend that the question was directed towards is one of my old high school friends who is serving time in prison. :shock: I am glad there was a Skip option.

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm ready for this YEAR to be over.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree: I can't wait for 2009 to be far behind me!

14. harleygirl

Spent time with BIL and SIL and my nephew.

He's growing like a weed!!!! :hurray:

15. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

2009 has been one of the best years of my life. (I know...that's cheesy)

16. I survived the afternoon at my MIL's! We got there at 1:00 and she was still in her pajamas. She's a little crazy but I love her.

17. harleygirl

May as well start drinking now, the steelers are playing at 1 :lol:

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Well, we almost made it through the holidays without my in-laws showing their true colors.

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

FOOTBALL SUNDAY!!!

:hurray::cheers:

GO PATRIOTS!!

20. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We actually made it through their visit here, without any drama. Still time before New Years, so we're holding out hope.