Funniest/Strangest Gift?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, Dec 28, 2009.

1. What was your funniest/strangest/most unique Christmas gift?

My husband gave me a bra from Victoria's Secret. I've never had anyone buy me a bra. I laugh thinking about my husband in Victoria's Secret. Anyway, the bra is one of those super-padded ones that's supposed to make your boobs look two sizes bigger. Hmmmm... Is he trying to tell me something? :lol: I actually wore it today and I laugh every time I look in the mirror. He says it's not noticable but it is to me. I feel like Dolly Parton's little sister.

2. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Well,my gift wasn't funny or strange..........but I found the gift odd......

I am a turtle lover. My SIL was so thoughtful, she got me a Kermit the Frog purse. I know its the thought that counts...... but 1. Kermit is a FROG and 2. I'm not twelve! Ok, I feel better now :)

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I received Aqua Globes from my boss this Christmas...was supposed to have 2 in the pack, and there was only one. Not only was there dirt caked on the box itself, but it was all over the 1 globe in the box. Talk about knowing how someone feels about ya....that made me feel pretty lousy. I know it's the thought that counts, but geez, why bother with anything.

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I got a hot dog toaster and granny panties from my Mom.

[​IMG]

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I got a cold. :banghead:

Anyway..............I gave DH a ride in a WWII era T-34 Airplane. The flight was supposed to be today, but it's too cold and windy. Hopefully tomorrow. It is 26 degrees up here in VA and windy as hell. Still have several inches of snow on the ground too. BRRRRR!

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You should save it and give it to him on his birthday.

7. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

That was a cool gift! NICE!

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

A Barbie Doll wearing a bavarian dress from a friend of mine,even though I'm German and barbies originated as sex dolls in Germany I still don't know what to do with the thing :?

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

OMG, I never knew that! It sounds so much like an urban legend, I had to google it, and it turns out to be the one time in a hundred my BS meter gives me a false alarm. :lol:

10. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Yep,just imagine all those barbies great-grandmothers having started out as sex dolls :lol:

here's a link to clear things up
    http://www.salon.com/life/feature/1997/11/26harlot.html

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  11. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

One year, I received an odd gift that was received graciously, however. It was a plastic candle holder (it has a hole in the top anyway) that looks like a book on its end with a dog and a pocketwatch molded into the plastic. It came from a beloved uncle and his wife that was having a bit of financial difficulty that particular year. At first I wondered what could have given them the reasoning to get that of all things for me. BUT...it has sat on my desk for several years and it holds paper clips. It sits there day in and day out and everytime I think about it, I think of them and the many things that they (mostly my uncle) have done for me over the years.

Lesson learned: Even the smallest, insignificant gifts can have a purpose and meaning if not overlooked.

12. My grandma gave my brother a beard trimmer and he doesn't have a beard!!! That's very typical of her though.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just can't say what popped in my mind.

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Careful! LOL

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

That actually looks kinda neat.

16. :lol: I think I know what you were thinking. I was too as soon as I wrote that!!!

17. This is cool! I've never seen hot dog toaster.

18. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I got some lotion from Bath and Body works that smells like play doh. That's ok though, I got a diamond :)

19. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Both useful items and in some cases interchangeable. :jester:

20. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I got a towel warmer from my Mother. What the hell am I going to do with that?