A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It sure doesn't. Took it last night as well, no good whatsoever.

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Just get something like Comtrex Day/Night which has pills for both. I'll tell you two other things you can get to help with congestion if you don't have it already. Get some Solstice rub which IMO is a lot better than Vicks Vaporub and is more cream than jelly. It isn't as greasy. Its in a small jar with gold label and brown writing. Sometimes its behind the pharmacist counter so you may have to ask for it. Rub the Solstice on your chest and up around the neck a bit. However, be careful not to use a heating pad or wrap up too tightly because it warms up enough on its own. Also, get a misting humidifier and use distilled water. Its not a cure, but will help you get through it.

If you're not too congested in your sinuses, get some Ocean nasal spray or you can make your own. Pour some distilled water into a microwavable glass or cup and run for a few seconds to get it warm. Sprinkle some ordinary salt in the water (not too much) and then pour a bit into your cupped hand. Put your nose to the water and inhale quickly. It will promote drainage of your sinuses and give you relief.

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I take a double dose.
    <lights out>

Well, BIL got his license yesterday and he's off to his first job of the day.

I think DH is having a panic attack. :lol::lol::lol:

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

just got home with my new baby, i feel in love immediately, especially since when they tried to get her to come out she wouldn't until i bent down on both knees and she came right to me. She is so precious, now to find a name to fit a baby girl born on Halloween, thinking of a witch's name and right now Phoebe from Charmed is in my head. Any suggestions?

5. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

I'm glad everything worked out so well for you!
    How about,Endora,Samantha,Tabitha (from Bewitched)?
    Or Pandora :)

6. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

here are a "few';) more
    Samantha - A classic witch name know to almost everyone, Samantha is the witch from the 1960's TV show 'Bewitched'.
    Abigail - The second of the first two girls to be 'bewitched' in Salem, sparking off the Salem Witch Trials.
    Cassandra - The mythical Greek character who prophesied the fall of Troy, yet all thought she was mad and would not believe her prediction.
    Elizabeth - The first of the first two girls to be 'bewitched' in Salem, sparking off the Salem Witch Trials.
    Tabitha - The daughter of Samantha in the TV show 'Bewitched'.
    Hecate - The goddess of childbirth.
    Sabrina - The teenage witch.
    Agatha - A mysterious medieval woman of unknown origin, the wife of Edward the Exile, heir to the throne of England in the eleventh century.
    Anastasia - the literal translation of this name is 'she who shall rise up again', it is a suitably mysterious meaning for a witch name.
    Miranda - the castaway daughter in Shakespeare's The Tempest, she is fairly naive but very mystifying.
    Endora - the mother of Samantha in the TV show 'Bewitched', is the 'classic' wicked witch name.
    * Zelda - one of the aunts in Sabrina the teenage witch
    Hildegarde - an old-fashioned name that just vibrates as a witches name. Hilda is also an aunt in Sabrina the teenage witch.
    Mildred - a name that just goes with Toads and Cauldrons. Mildred Hubble is the main character in the Worst Witch books.
    Gertrude - Hamlet's mother.
    Maud - A royal name and just really witchy!
    Esperanza - A Spanish name that means 'hope', has a foreign sound and fits well with the other classic witchy name Esmerelda.
    Agnes - The most dull of all witch names, yet a witch name nevertheless.
    Etheldreda - It might be a bit sacrilegious to suggest this name, but it is a saints name that became the basis for the word 'tawdry' and as such has the mysterious background required for a good witch name.
    Wanda - A Polish princess who drowned herself to prevent war, or perhaps as a sacrifice to pagan gods.
    Ursula - Another saint with an interesting story, St Ursula was apparently killed by the Huns when travelling with 11,000 virginal hand maidens who were all slaughtered along with her.
    * Esmerelda - the name of the powerful witch character in Terry Pratchett's 'Witches' books, although she goes by the short form of Esme.

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

OMG, thanks so much, so many to think of, really like the Anastasia since she looks so much like my Mayan i lost to old age 2 years ago.

8. harleygirl

I really love my job.

9. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I just took some. Hope it knocks me out.

10. Let me know if it does! I'm not sure if I'll take any tonight. My mom said to take a shot of whiskey. :lol: I don't know if I can. I hate whiskey. :ack:

11. Thanks for all the good advice! I'm not real congested (yet) but if I get that way, I'll try the Ocean nasal spray.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hey if any of my fb friends know how to post a pic from fb to here, please post a pic of my new baby for me, i am internet stupid

13. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

It knocked me out. I slept like a baby. Now I'm late for work.

14. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

15. Very cool. I have trouble with effect and affect sometimes. I have to say it over and over in my head. I think the most common one I see everywhere is the "your" and "you're."

16. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree: and there, their, and they're!

17. I friend who is very active in her church and she's a 4th grade teacher. The one word she always misspells is "believe!" I would think as many times as that word pops up in children's books and the Bible, she would realize she spells it wrong. She spells it, "beleive." It's in most e-mails she sends me.

18. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Has she never heard, "I before E, except after C, and when sounded as A, as in neighbor and weigh"?

If not for spellcheck, I would spell "weird" wrong half the time - see, it's an exception to the above!

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I am sick as a dog. Dontcha just love a holiday case of the creeping crud? :?

20. harleygirl

I'm sorry! I hope you feel better soon. Need me to bring you anything?