Question RE: Buses

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Jan 4, 2010.

1. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: You might want to crack a dictionary. :rolleyes:

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I always call the bus garage. 934-8340. nicest people ever. They can contact the bus driver directly to see what the problem is.

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Gosh, suddenly the silence from the peanut gallery is deafening. :roll:

4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, that's a new one on me and not one I have EVER heard used in normal conversation and was not in the Webster. Took ya a while to drag that up too. :lol:

Still doesn't change a thing. :cheers:

6. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Took me a while because I had to dig up the link, cut it, host it, paste it and mark it in red.....otherwise you may have missed it or not believed me.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You may be technically correct, but that is not the general use.

Anyway...............................................

8. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Please....I use the term "residual business" daily. Back to your rant.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

All right, here we go.......................anyone else EVER use residual the way Wulf has? I am :allears:

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

no, but I posted the JoCo bus garage number, might want to write it down and keep it handy.....I use it at least twice a year to see what's going on, when the buses are late. :mrgreen:

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Would that matter? Has anyone ever whined like a toddler over a bus being late?

:allears::allears:

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I already have and thank you very much!! :cheers:

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Whining? REALLY?? Asking a legit question about whether there is a procedure for notifiying parents that a bus is going to be late in freezing weather is whining?? Okie dokie then, call me a whiner for being concerned. :hurray:

14. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I have asked you a couple times already to provide realistic (is that too big of a word?) means of spreading the word. So far you have only offered "calling parents" which is isn't feasible (look it up).

15. KDsGrandma

I have seen the word used to refer to lingering after-effects, but not to a continuing problem like the bus being late repeatedly and nothing ever done to let you know. For example, if you have a compound fracture, after the healing process is complete you may still have some residual disability in the affected body part. If you use Woolite to clean your carpet, after you vacuum it up there may be some residual cleaning solution left in the carpet. If you shoot Wulf, you may have some residual gunpowder on your hands after you fire. I think in the sense he was using it, "recurring" might have been a more appropriate word choice.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I work with data bases ALL the time. How hard would it be to run a report with all the students on bus 123 and let their automated system call them? That's what I'm freaking asking, but you are intent on being a complete *** this morning.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Exactly, but if it makes his little ego feel better, we will let him have this one. :jester:

18. KDsGrandma

Fixed it for ya.

19. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Ok...I'll play. The "after effect" here (being late) is the result of someone (the bus driver) being slack and irresponsible.

Next?

20. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

LOL...and you once frowned upon such tactics.