Jay Butler has cancer?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jan 5, 2010.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Just heard on WQDR that Jay Butler (a former morning show DJ) is in the hospital with some sort of cancer. That just breaks my heart because I used to listen to him all the time and I've met him a few times. He's a super nice guy.

Anybody know what kind of cancer or any more details?

2. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

first i've heard of it, but i can answer that as early as 6 am tomorrow

3. dangerboy

Gretchen Wilson teams up the Q Crew to say thank you for donating to the QDR Christmas Wish and to help one of our QDR legends Jay Butler in his time of need. Jay has been diagnosed with cancer and is in the hospital with no insurance. His family is facing a devestating pile of medical bills. Gretchen is playing a live show at City Limits Saloon on Wednesday January 13th. If you donated anything to the Christmas Wish you are invited free - otherwise, a $10 donation to help the Butler family will get you in to see Gretchen Wilson play live. Doors open at 7, the music starts at 8, and Gretchen hits the stage at 9.

4. dangerboy

hearing there will also be some details on the site in the next day or two about donating to jaybo directly, without going to the show. updates will be at

www.947qdr.com

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

thanks DB!!

Makes me sad too Michelle, listened to him forever it seems. :cry:

6. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Why on earth did this dude not have insurance? Good grief.

Hope he recovers.

7. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

When did he leave and why? I left in 1996, came back in 2003 ande left sometime in between. Just curious.

Hope he gets better.

8. michelle

If I remember correctly (feel free to jump in here DB) he was let go. I don't remember the reason but I do remember he went on to work at some other station for a while.

Please let us know what you find out DB. Do you know what kind of cancer he has and his prognosis?

I will continue to pray for him and his family.

9. michelle

Don't know. Maybe he didn't have a job? Hopefully the family can get emergency medicaid or medicare for him.

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yes, apparently you are supposed to schedule your devastating medial diagnoses. Things happen despite the best of intentions and there but for the grace of God go I.

Thoughts and prayers going up for him and his family.

11. dangerboy

sorry i don't have too many specific answers to those questions yet. jay worked at 99.9 in recent years. i know he also sold some cars down in fuquay for a while. not 100% sure what his most recent gig has been. i think he was let go from qdr, but that's how it usually happens in radio.

12. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

I heard on the radio this morning that we was diagnosed with prostate cancer. The cancer spread to his spine. They had to remove a tumor which may have caused him to be paralyzed. They said the cancer is treatable but he may never walk again.

It's very sad!

13. michelle

That is very sad, but I'd rather be around and be paralyzed than to not be around to see my kids grow up. Still praying for a full recovery.

14. THAT IS SAD AND WHY WE NEED UNIVERSAL HEALTH COVERAGE NOW WAKE UP PEOPLE. FOLKS ARE DIEING WHILE PEOPLE ARE GETTING RICH.

15. dangerboy

please visit 947qdr.com for a picture gallery, a form to send jaybo a message (believe me, you have NO IDEA what even the smallest words can mean), and more.

and according to a 947qdr facebook posting, you can donate directly to jaybo @ any state emplyee's credit union

16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Bless your heart.

You are an ***.

17. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

heard this morning that they also found cancer in his shoulders and arms. The doctors are hopeful that they can treat it though.

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Have you by any chance ever lived in a country that had such health care?

19. michelle

If not, feel free to move to one TODAY!

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

This is so sad, and again shows the importance for men to get screened for prostate cancer. There's a very high cure rate if it's caught early, but once it gets outside the prostate gland, there's no cure, only treatment to keep it at bay as long as possible. I wish him the best.