Sewage Spill in Johnston County

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

Johnston County put a new wastewater force main into service on January 6, 2010. The pipeline is located east of the Town of Clayton. A leak was discovered in the pipeline in the vicinity of Glen Laurel Road on January 8, 2010. Upon detection of the leak, flow was immediately diverted to another pipeline. An estimated 10,000 gallons of wastewater flowed into an unnamed tributary of the Neuse River. The spill has been reported to the North Carolina Department of Natural Resources – Division of Water Quality.

For information, call the Johnston County Department of Utilities at (919) 989-5075.

2. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Good place for it over by Sherry....should blend in fine.

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You're mean.

4. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the private contractor doing the sewer line installation tried to cut corners. Should have had the town do the work themselves.

5. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Was there a private contractor involved?

6. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Thanks

7. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

What municipality installs their own sewer lines? Youre either joking or stupid.

8. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Who better to ask about waste than you steve? Besides, didn't you just suggest the town do it?

9. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Municipalities dont install water and sewer line utilities, its contracted out. The town/city maintains them.

10. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

but if the town did it, you would say "Govt cant do anything right". How about this time?

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Pretty much. So having said that, why won't the town do it? Is it because they aren't as skilled and/or efficient? Most likely.

Where the government can't compete in efficiency is within the free market like with health care, schooling, postal service and pretty much anything else it touches with our money.

If you left this up to a government entity it would get done late and at an inflated cost. This is why the fed and state bids out contracts and holds them to the fire to get done on time. Private companies doing work for the state are getting paid but also auditioning for future bids. This helps to keep things efficient.

12. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

yeah, the municipality should have skilled labor on staff full time for the chance that they have to install utilities like this....makes sense, talk about a waste of money.

13. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

sure it could, if you want your taxes to skyrocket. Private schools cost a lot of money. If every tax payer was paying that amount for school taxes, you better believe the public education system would be top notch. You get what you pay for.

14. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in how much and how they're gonna try to clean it. Allowing it to go downstream untreated is unacceptable. The estuaries already face too much risk.

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

exactly

16. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

nonsense....I went to one of the best high schools in the state and it is a public school. Five miles away is another public school that is today on the verge of being shut down by the state due to low test scores. Inefficiency at its core.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  17. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

yeah yeah yeah, you went to the best high school, college, youre the smartest, toughest, best looking hick known to man.

I dont know the high schools in this area but where I'm from teh best high schools were private/prep schools hands down.

18. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I didn't go to school around here and you are proving my point about the quality of private schools. They aren't dragged down by gubmint schooling BS.

19. gotmilk99

gotmilk99 New Member

Actually he is pretty cute......or at least known to woman.....carry on. 8)

20. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: