Jay Butler has cancer?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jan 5, 2010.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Exactly. It is evenually what killed my Grandfather. Cancer was not found til the tumor on his spine parazlyzed him. It took three years for the end to come. :cry:

So sad for this to happen to anyone.

2. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

Yes, Jaybo was fired at QDR becasue he basically was not hip enough anymore. I have boycotted QDR ever since. I loved listening to him and wa shoping he'd show up on 106.1 soemtime (until they changed formats after the holidays, stupid station!!!).

Sorry to hear this bad news. I will head over the the SECU and see about donating something.

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

the outlook is not good. everyone at the radio station is grim. i don't know about "not hip enough", but everyone in this business has been fired. the better you are, the more you've been fired. radio is a funny business. creative differences and "we're going in a different direction" are common reasons. everyone is on a bubble at every moment. being in the same boat together is a tightly bonding experience. you don't stop liking people, or even loving them, just because you don't work with them anymore...

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Saw where Radio DJ came out on the best jobs list, now I understand why.

5. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

godspeed, jaybo...

94.7 WQDR remembers a legend and our friend Jay Butler, who lost his battle with prostate cancer Sunday February 7th, 2010. Jay was surrounded by his family and friends. Jay and his family were very touched by all of the heartfelt messages and well wishes that QDR listeners have sent to them over the... last several weeks.... Jaybo has been part of the QDR family for over 20 years. He will be missed, but never forgotten. Please share your memories and thoughts of Jay here.

947qdr.com

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this. I met Jay in the late 80's when he came in to purchase something where I worked. I spent some time with him and even though I was already a "fan" I was impressed by how nice and down to earth he was. He will be missed. Prayers go out to his family and friends.

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

He was before my time here in NC, but I am very sorry to hear that. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

8. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree:

That's so sad.

9. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Wow...that was quick. RIP

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this. CANCER SUCKS!

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

It certainly does. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.