Crochet Group

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bigsaver, Dec 31, 2009.

1. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Cleo, I know all that myself, self taught too..you can do so much with what you have learned already, I also us those looms you can get, I have made alot of hats and stuff with them. If I get in a bind I also go on you tube and see if I can't find that stitch and learn it that way as well. But, I still like the group thing as well.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Youtube helped, and random googles of diagrams. I also found a message board, crochetville.org

Now that I have learned the stitches, I need new yarn as I have made plenty of barbie skirts and horsie blankets .lol

3. bigsaver

bigsaver Member

Location for Crochet Group

I called Michaels about using their classroom. I don't remember ever seeing it in use but they said it would cost $50 to rent it. I thought they might be interested in having us there for a hour or so because we'd probably be buying supplies there and be good for business, but I guess they don't agree.

I'm trying some other ideas but would welcome suggestions.

4. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

How many people have expressed an interest in an evening meeting?

5. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

They do their own classes, when you go through the registers you can get their monthly calender. I actually took a crocheting class there a couple of years ago. They offer, crocheting, knitting, scrap booking, painting, jewelry making, cake dec., kids stuff on the weekends and school breaks. Not to outrageously priced either, I think i paid $15 for 4 classes, and you buy your own supplies (they used to discount them if you were in a class).

6. Cleopatra

You are the only one I have heard from expressing any interest!

7. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

If I do this I would have to plan it week by week, cause my schedule for work is never the same.

8. Cleopatra

I was thinking of alternating day/evening meetings so all could participate, and having daytime kid-friendly meetings would be necessary for me.

9. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I'm available in the evenings (work during the day)

10. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Did this ever go anywhere? I have been crocheting for 42 years, and would be happy to help others. I don't pretend to know it all, but I am sure i could pass on the basics.

11. Cleopatra

It went nowhere. I'm still crocheting the same blanket. I now have eight squares of all different sizes/guage. I need 20, preferably same size/guage. I am a natural. :cool:

12. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

I found 3 people that are still interested, 2 of us live near McGee's Crossroads. Is there anyone else?