American Idol

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by SunShine26, Jan 12, 2010.

1. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

2 hr Season Premiere tonight! YIPPEEE! :hurray:

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Got it set to DVR...just in case I get busy and miss it!

3. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

...and the brain melting of America continues.

4. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

I beleive this will be the last year it is cult followed. With Simon leaving and ditzy Abdul gone, it is goign to tank....JMO

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Should have tanked years ago. Along with Survivor, Big Brother, and just about any other "reality" show that's scripted.

6. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

Hell, why specify?

The only reality shows i'm interested in are the documentary/experiment type that existed in concept long before the "reality tv" craze (Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, etc.)

I don't care how ****ed up your family is. I don't care how much talent you've got. None of these things are entertaining to me, nor do they teach me anything. theres no point to it other than to satisfy our tiresomely voyeuristic culture.

7. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

personally, i find the first couple of weeks to be hilarious. you can keep it after they "go to hollywood", but the losers are great. william hung rules

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I can't stand to watch!!! I get embarrassed for them, course I shouldn't because obviously some of them have no shame whatsoever!! Don't watch as a rule.

We've watched "Suvivor" ever since it came on. Of course we know it isn't "real" DUH!!! But it's harmless. Most of the rest of the the "reality" shows make me want to hurl. Who finds a significant other on national TV? :confused:

We do enjoy shows like Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, etc. on Discovery, TLC, History, Food Network (DS is obsessed with "Good Eats" with Alton Brown), etc.

9. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Yep, he's an entertainer for sure. Quite thorough and informative too. Have you tried the brined turkey?

10. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No, but I want to! He does a great job with that, I actually credit it with making DS a bit more adventurous with what he will eat. :hurray::hurray:

11. nsanemom22

LOL That's the best reason TO watch!. Though I really do feel bad for those that have no talent and give it their all. They are braver than I am. You couldn't pay me to do karaoke much less something like American Idol!

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It makes my skin crawl, I swear!! :lol:

13. nsanemom22

14. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

You think some of them might be paid to be on? I wouldn't doubt it.

15. sassymom

sassymom Well-Known Member

its like a train wreck, you don't want to see it but you just can't help but watch!!

I like the first few weeks just for some good laughs!

16. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree - once Simon is gone the show will fizzle out. I wasn't nuts over Cara, Kara - however she spells it. . Paula was good entertainment, never a dull moment with her around. Randy is predictable. . .Ellen - what can she possibly offer, other than some jokes? As Simon always says "This is a singing competition!"

I plan on watching/DVR-ing it, but unsure whether I will watch the entire season. The first few weeks are the best!

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

18. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

As far as reality TV shows are concerned, I dig this one b/c I love to listen to people sing. We also watch Intervention and Hoarders.

Other than that, I could take it or leave it.

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

LOVE Intervention. I am also a huge fan of Celebrity Rehab (Dr Drew = YUMMO) & Tough Love on VH1.

20. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:iagree: