septic pumped

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by WhatNow, Jan 13, 2010.

1. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

Need to have our tank pumped - what should it cost? The guy we called said $225 ? Is this reasonable?

2. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

225 is what we paid last month It was the same price for my sister who had this done about 6 months back.

edited to add - sorry - my sis paid 250

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I've never checked but it sounds reasonable. Does that include digging down to the opening?

4. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Sounds about right considering the alternative...peee-yew!

5. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

We paid 240 recently, and yes that included the digging.

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Call Hardee's Septic Tank Service - they are the best around!

639-2060

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I don't know about that, I've seen lot's of septic waste being pumped around here. I think we have several professionals right here on 4042.

8. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

Sounds reasonable - we actually paid more than that a few years ago

9. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

We had our septic tank pumped two months ago and $225 was the best price that I found too. You get the same service for $225 as you get for $240 from what I found during our search. We used Abel Septic Tank Cleaning Service and from what I can remember he didn't charge extra for finding the tank and digging.

10. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

Yup the price is good, make sure they check the baffles, and clean the screens to ensure proper drainage. If the pipe coming from the house gets clogged, you get back ups into the house. If the pipe going to the fields is clogged same thing. The pipe going to the fields will have the baffle or tee on it, that has screening to let in greywater but not solids. If you have a system with a pump chamber, it is a good Idea to also check the pump chamber, be sure that the pump is working properly and the pipes are in good condition,you don't want solids going into the pump chamber or into the fields. it goes, septic tank to pump chamber to fields if you have fields higher than the tank. If you have a post with an alarm and 2 tanks you have a pump chamber, sometimes the alarm is in the garage also. in older systems is is not a bad idea to check the distribution boxes also, they separate your fields and control the flow of greywater between the fields.:)

11. WhatNow

WhatNow Well-Known Member

Thanks

Thanks all! Able pumped for $225 - no extra for digging. Our "T" was decayed so had to replace it - another $175. Better than a flooded drain field :?

12. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

last saturday morning we awoke to the flashing red light and the buzzer on the septic pump house. did a quick search here and saw a couple of names, made a few phone calls...here's the story.

called a few places that weren't open, finally called bill hardee in garner (hardee's septic) and he answered the phone. walked me through some diagnostics on the phone, told me how to turn off the racket, then asked a few simple questions. based on my answers, he recommended that i call tommy allen. he was here within an hour, diagnosed the trouble, pumped my holding tank down, i gave him $60 for a service call and he gave me the name and number of someone who specializes in the electric box side of the deal, jonathan beasley. he was on a job in willow spring but finished up there and was here in less than 2 hours. he id'd the part in question, ran to agrisupply for a fuse, came back. blew the fuse again, it was a different part farther down the line. tried to find one saturday, but my system is old, he'd have to do some more digging monday. cool. monday he found out it was a part not made anymore, replacement had to be ordered from new york. should be here wednesday. dude came back out to my house tuesday morning to pump the holding tank down so i wouldn't have a problem, even though the felt i should have been ok for a couple of days. then he came back thursday while i was at work, he installed the new part, $218 bucks for like 4 trips to my house by two guys each time, the fuse, the control thingy from new york, and labor for doing the job.

these guys are all local, honest, as fast as humanly possible, and REASONABLY PRICED. you won't go wrong with any of them...

13. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Hey, you should have highlighted Agri Supply . . . I've heard they are some super nice folks too ;)

I highly recommend Bill Hardee. He's a super nice guy and I think he is very reasonably priced.

14. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Had to have our septic tank pumped today-while I was doing laundry the sinks started to gurgle and smell and I knew we would be in trouble soon. Based on the recommendations here I called Abel Septic and he was here in a few hours! We'd never had our tank pumped in the 15 years we have lived here so it was a ticking time bomb...he charged $230 total which included digging. Just wanted to pass this on.

15. proudmom

proudmom Member

Thank you guys for reminding me that I hadn't called about getting mine pumped yet. When washing clothes, the toilet would gurgle. We had gone 7-8 years and hadn't had it pumped yet. Reading this today reminded me to call. I called Abel, who was going to come out Monday, but turned out he could get to us today. Able did a good job and was a very nice man-- I'm sure I paid more 7-8 years ago to someone else.

Thanks!

16. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Please note that Gurggle sound!!! If your drain pipes make an UNUSUAL noise especially when the washer is on RINSE-- BEWARE! You could be next!!!

Do not wait till poop water (Gray stinky nasty water) is on top of the ground...

You have been warned!

You do NOT want """this""" BACK into the house!!!!

17. Bluewillow

Bluewillow Well-Known Member

Been awhile since this was posted... Any new recommendations for septic pumping? Is Mr. Hardee's # still 639-2060? Thanks for your help!

18. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

does anyone know how often it should be pumped? there are 2 people living here and never have company.

19. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Really it is the WASHING MACHINE & Dishwasher that 'flood' the septic system. Flushing is only a small part of the issue.

20. 27577

27577 Guest

atleast 7 years for just 2 people. i go 5 years and i have 4 in my house