A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Some of the best money we ever spent was on our wood-stove a few years ago.

2. shardee428

shardee428 Well-Known Member

True, but it's at work, so I don't pay that bill....:)

3. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I just face planted in my office parking lot in front of a crowd..Stepping off a curb-more difficult for some than others.

My pride is hurt, but my ankle stings a little, too.

4. AnnetteL

Been there myself once,in a bar while coming down some steps,face-planted myself on the dance floor :lol:
    Hope you are ok!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I once fell in front of my entire church, there were several hundred on a holiday.................there..............don't you feel better now?? :lol::lol::lol: I think I was about 16 at the time and was completely mortified.

6. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Avast... you get what you pay for. lol

7. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

You can use our house anytime......you know where the key is! :lol::lol::lol:

Wish we had more time to talk but we'll do it next time.

Sherry

8. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Chlorine kills bacteria, but won't do a thing for sediment and iron. I spent a lot of money on a Culligan water softening system that turned out to be more trouble than it was worth, then replaced that with a whole house water filter. I wish I had done that years ago. I just have to replace the filter every 3 months, and no more sediment staining the bath fixtures.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We've had a whole house filter for a while now. Heaven help you if it gets full!! Found out the hard way it needed to be changed after I started a load of white clothes the other day. :? :banghead:

I don't know what they tapped into when they dug this well (according to the plaque on it, it is 240 ft deep), but we have plenty of water, it just isn't as clear as it was when we moved in. Even during all the droughts, it never even hiccuped.

I've heard that the "iron" I'm seeing is actually a type of bacteria (harmless) that chlorinating may help with that.

10. AnnetteL

We've got a deep well also and were told that once you drill thru bedrock you are going to have iron in the water.
    I remember once soaking some socks that been washed in the iron water in some water to which I had added some chlorine bleach-bad idea,turned all my husbands socks pink,needless to say-he was thrilled.

11. AnnetteL

I wonder if a whole house water filter would work for county water as well ?

12. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

They have some that take out chlorine, that should improve the taste of county water.

13. AnnetteL

Thanks! The taste is fine but my hair just doesn't seem to like the high mineral content in it.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Oh, yeah!! LOL!! I don't own much in the way of white clothing. DH and DS have colored underwear, not white, LOL. They survive the water issues much betther than plain white does. I buy a lot of white socks per year to be sure. Can't stand 'em when they start turning and bleach doesn't work. I have discoverd a miracle product called Whink Rust Stain Remover. It's in the cleaning aisle at Walmart in a brown looking bottle on the bottom shelf. I thought I had ruined a white turtleneck (it was tan when it came out, I cussed long and hard, I'd worn it once!) the other day doing that. It took it right out, can't even tell it AT ALL. :hurray: Same with the toilets. Squirt a little on there and the stain vanishes. No chemical smell either. Don't know what it is and probably don't want to know, but it works.

15. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground, something, something, something, something pants on the ground.... I need to stop watch American Idol.

16. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

looking like a fool with your pants on the ground.
    Lol I need to stop watching it too.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i need to get up really really really early tomorrow, why can i not go to sleep????

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Day 3 working out - somebody call 911. :lol:

19. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:cry: Just got word that our hours and pay are going to be cut and they are eliminating our profit sharing bonus (bye bye vacation) and 401K matches. BUT the good news is I still have a job that I LOVE! :)

20. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

no school 3 days next week! :banghead::banghead::banghead: