American Idol

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by SunShine26, Jan 12, 2010.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks nsane! I hadn't seen it and wondered what it was. Had seen it quoted all over FB today too. LOL!!

3. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

America's Got Talent and Britian's Got Talent have no age limit. American Idol allows those who are 16 - 28 years old to audition. Occasionally they will allow older contestants to appear in front of the judges just to add to the entertainment of the show but legally they are not allowed to participate.

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Ellen Degeneres will ruin American Idol. What does she know about singing talent and American Idol.

5. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

Really? What do you know about Ellen? Paula was drunk or high most of the time. Ellen doesn't have much to live up to anyway. Personally I think she will be great.

6. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

That's fine to make a point but I wouldn't say Ellen will RUIN American Idol. Besides, the votes that ultimately count are the TV audience. Most of us are not professional singers or musicians either yet we have control over who wins. JMO

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

has everyone forgotten that American Idol is about singing, not the judges...

8)

8. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

That's what I'm saying. Last year, the judges praised Adam but America voted Kris, including me. Adam is doomed to be a drag queen in South Beach. My kids got to meet Kris at a Christian youth event in Atlanta. He is super nice.

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

That's correct!

10. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

Trust me, Ellen will not ruin American Idol. What will ruin American Idol (if the judges hold much weight in the ratings) is next season because Simon will be gone. Simon is the reason a lot of people watch AI. We SHOULD be watching AI for the singers alone. I would still watch it if a bunch of unknown judges stepped in. In regards to Ellen, I think she will not be as much of a comedian as a judge. She has always been an AI supporter and has given the not so popular contestants a chance on her show. I think her love of the show will reflect in her judging. So what if she throws in some comedy. Paula contributed to plenty of comedy ---- just not on purpose. :mrgreen:

11. KellBell

I voted for Adam all the way till the end, not because of his lifestyle, but because I loved his voice. I bet he is super nice too.

just sayin.....:)

12. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Amen.

13. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

Yes I am sure he is super nice even if he does rub men's faces in his crotch on TV and then says he's not a babysitter when parents complain. In other words, he doesn't really care his young idol fans think of him. He cares what celebrities like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga think of him. That's his life. Whatever floats his boat. I just don't admire him.

14. KellBell

I didn't realize you were a friend of his...to know his thoughts and all.:mrgreen: I myself don't buy into what the media wants you to believe about people (celebrities)....hey, but that's just me. No admiration or judgement, I just think he is a good singer. period.

15. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

It was actually in an interview with him that I watched. I didn't make anything up. I agree he's a good singer by the way. For the record, if Kris goes all Tiger Woods or Adam, I'll disrespect him too. That's the tough part of being a celebrity. You are judged by your actions unfortunately. It's all good. Glad you like Adam.

16. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

I will try to find that interview with and Adam and post a link. He actually said that he "forgot he was on TV" when he did the crotch rubbing and kissing on stage. He said he was so caught up in Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and the rest of celebrities in the front row of the music awards and wanted to show them what he's all about. So I am not being a judge. I am just repeating his words. If you don't agree with me, fine. But don't go accusing me of judging someone. I don't care about Adam's lifestyle by the way. Elton John is gay and he is my favorite singer. I don't think I have ever seen him stoop to Madonna or Adam's level and simulate sex on stage on national TV. It is not about judging what someone does in his personal life, it's when he offends by crossing the line in front of the world. Just sayin'...

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Of course I would love some celebrities to follow her moral lead in other areas.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100115/ap_en_ot/us_people_madonna_haiti

18. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

19. KellBell

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Worked for me! :mrgreen: