progress energy bill

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rntobe, Jan 15, 2010.

1. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

awwww that's mean

2. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I always anticipate that my bill is going to be higher than what I think but boy was I way off the mark this month. It went from $96 to $232. The only thing I did extra was some baking but that's something I do every December and the year's past it was no where near the cost on this bill. I've only paid over 200 once in 10 years and that's only because we had another family staying with us for the month til their home was ready.

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Hold it right there, missy. Glorybee is my mama and she was not being condescending. She was simply trying to remind folks to count their blessings. Yes, it's horrible that we all have to pay extra on our electric bills this month but at least we have warm homes and we are all safe.

And I have to wonder just how much money YOU would have sent to Haiti if your electric bill had been much lower this month?

If you really want to help people then why not start with the homeless right here in our own little area?

Now you have yourself a nice day too, hon. Bless YOUR heart.

4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And do you personally know what I do or don't donate to charity there "missy"?? I don't care whose momma it is, I don't need anyone telling me what to be grateful for because I'm not thrilled the electric bill is so high.

Just because I don't post to 4042 how and what I donate so I can toot my own horn doesn't mean I don't. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Ok ya all, let's take this negative energy, especially you GoWolfpack and put it towards maybe calling Progress Energy or Five on You Side and see if you can get an explanation so we can keep the heat down on this thread:)

7. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

8. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Yep, ours doubled also! It is crazy!!! I always expect a little higher for Dec, but not this much!!! :?

9. PowerTim

PowerTim Well-Known Member

Call the CSC...

Call the Progress Energy Customer Service Center 1-800-452-2777, have your bill in hand, and he or she will be glad to review it with you as far as kwh used, # of days in billing cycle, average temperature during this time, etc. There is no conspirary, you simply used more power than you anticipated due to the abnormal number of below freezing days and nights during this period. I felt some sticker shock when I opened my bill, but it was not unexpected.

10. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I think we all interpreted the post as you described. kdc just loves to *****, **** and moan. God love her.

11. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Me too... went from $114 to $218... a record for me. It won't even near that high last Feb.

Plus, my woman's momma was in town and stayed with me for one week and I figured we had the heat turned down due to all the hot air that she was packin' for seven days!

12. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

Mine went from 292.00 to 537.00

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:shock: You have my condolences!

14. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Maybe it would be better if like in Germany there were more than just one Power company to choose from(or is there already?) since then there would be more competition between them and better prices for us!?

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Only one option in this region. Without looking up the history on this, I imagine the government allocates districts for power companies since otherwise all the companies would setup shop in the most densely populated regions. It would be nice to have more than one option, but I would be concerned as to whether it would afford any one company the infrastructure needed.

I grew up in the Triad and Duke Power was our source of energy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
  16. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:ack:

I'd have a heart attack.

17. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Just got my natural gas bill.... $244 last January, only went up to $426 this January....OUCH!!!! :x

At least we know it's not JUST the electric company!

18. Betty Crocker Mom

Betty Crocker Mom Well-Known Member

Mine doubled as well, hate to see those $400.00 bills :ack:

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

so who called Progress Energy and demanded an "explanation"??? I'd love to hear what they had to say......

:allears:

oh, and glorybee, I agree with you.....we could be living under a tarp right now, in Haiti.....

20. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Has anyone considered the increase is due to recent cold streak we've had?