Tankless Hotwater Heater

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by LETSGOEERS!!!, Jan 17, 2010.

1. LETSGOEERS!!!

LETSGOEERS!!! Well-Known Member

Does anyone on here have one? If so what is your experience with it. Has it help lower your electric bill? What was the cost of installation? Thanks!

2. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

I don't have one, but mentioned it to a friend of mine who works in the appliance business. She said not all appliances (brands) work well with them, so just check that out too!

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Hot Water Heater - Why would you need to heat hot water?

4. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Curious about this, too. Our water heater has given us a problem every day for the last week. It's due to be replaced. Trying to decide if we should stay with electric, switch to gas or go tankless (electric or gas).

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

It's a tankless job.

6. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

I've got a brand new, still in the box LP one if anyone is interested & can use it. My house is electric, So I didnt really wanna change to gas. I had it on Craigslist, but got sick of people calling to trade the most useless junk in the world for it.

7. JellyBean

JellyBean Well-Known Member

We have the Rennai...and I really only have one complaint...it's not INSTANT hot water. In fact, due to the location of ours (I guess) and the distance it has to travel it takes a while to get hot water. However, it is impossible to run out of hot water. THAT part I love. I really think it's worth the investment.

8. misy68

misy68 Active Member

Me too

I want to know too. :allears: I saw that I Holmes on homes. I want one it seems like it would save a lot

9. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

It really does lower your bill... by around 25-40 bucks on average per month. When you look at the way it works versus the conventional tank method you'll understand why. A normal water heater carries about 40 gallons of heated water; and since the tanks gradually lose heat, that water has to be heated and re-heated over and over again... even when you aint using it... wasted electricity.

With Tankless, you are only heating water while you are using it.

Also consider the average shower ranges between 20 and 30 gallons so you only have about 15-20 minutes of heated water before the whole thing has to be re-heated again. Tankless gives you "almost" instant hot water that doesn't run out.

Plus if installed and sized correctly you can expect it to last you a good 20 years or more... so the sales guy said anyway.

I recommend the Rinnai cause that's the only one I have experience with. Plus, go with gas over elect if possible cause it's much more efficient.

Later

10. LETSGOEERS!!!

LETSGOEERS!!! Well-Known Member

What was the cost of parts and installation? Thanks!

11. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Really depends on sizing, type (elect or gas), and location. Let me call my buddy and see if he won't mind me givin' out his number. He works for a plumbin' feller but likes to do this stuff on the side when the boss aint lookin.