break-ins

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tigerlily, Jan 18, 2010.

1. tigerlily

tigerlily Well-Known Member

part of my family who live in pleasant woods had their home broken into today, with doors locked and two dogs inside. back door was kicked in and perps knew went for jewelery and prescription pills, leaving other valubles behind. this person was obviously on foot, and sheriff said theyre have been 9 same instances in last two weeks in the cornwallis area. same m.o. with back doors kicked in. with one instance a sick child home from school, was told to hide whille they burglarized the home, please keep an eye out so we can stop this in our neighboorhoods. the sheriff thought all were adults not teens at all.

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

3. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

5. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

I have a few in my home, if someone breaks in while I am home,they will have a problem.

6. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I have a sneaky feeling that we will see more break-in as unemployment remains high.

If only the administration would of thought about jobs in the payoff bill.

7. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that!
    Sounds like they are getting bolder too,these days even locked doors are no longer much of a deterrent,or dogs for that matter.
    I don't think that toting a gun would make a difference,at least not for me,I'd probably just end up shooting either the dog or myself.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I'd rather be waiting on the other side of the door with this...

[​IMG]

The Mossberg JIC 500 Cruiser

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hey,might as well go with the REAL big stuff!

10. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

Just curious, but does your family live in the back of the neighborhood? I saw one of my neighbors down the street with a CPI security van in her driveway. I am very freaked out by this as I know another house down the street from me was broken into last week. This is way too close to home, literally.

11. N Dalton

N Dalton Guest

So...where do your family members live in the neighborhood? We heard about the one last week, but not this one.

12. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

There was a break-in at the front of the neighborhood, near the second entrance, within the last few days.

13. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Well looks like I will have the alarm on every day while working now....

14. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I am truly surprised the dogs didn't go after the thieves. I had someone break into my apartment in college while I was home. On the phone w/ the police & they heard my dog in the background barking like a maniac. I was holding him back. Police told me let the dog go after the guy. That he did! Dog chased him but did not catch him. Guy had a huge head start. Managed to get the guys shirt in his mouth and tore it off. Police said anytime there is a situation where someone is breaking in and a dog in the house, the dogs usually will take care of it. We have a dog now who would attack someone he doesn't know coming in the house. He's a hundred pounds. I still worry though. My neighbor and I noticed someone that appeared to be staked out behind our houses in the woods. Like watching the houses. Has anyone else noticed remnants of people watching your home? Knock on wood, not trouble but now you all have me on heightened alert. Do they think it is more than one? Keep us all posted. I live WAY to close to the incidents.

stephanie--mom to 7

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

There was a suspicious vehicle in my boss's neighborhood off 42 last week. Best to be vigilent.

16. HeidiB

HeidiB Active Member

do you have a brief description of the vehicle? there was a suspicious maroon ford probe in carrington place yesterday...

17. ncrocks

ncrocks Guest

There was another break-in last night in Pleasant Woods, off of East Justin.....
    Back door was broken into. Heard something about a burgundy SUV from a prior incident within the last couple of weeks.....

18. Pwoods

Pwoods Well-Known Member

All scary stuff. It seems like there has been a rash in Pleasant Woods. If anyone has specifics about house number and time of day that would be helpful.

Also, one easy thing to help deter crime is to report street light outages here: https://secure.progress-energy.com/.../electric/streetlight/index.asp?dynamictool=3

It is easy to do. All you need is the pole number from the pole itself and they'll have it fixed in a couple of days.

Know your neighbors / be social enough to know who is around you.

Trim your bushes and trees back a little bit.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I believe he said it was a grey van, it was pulling into folks driveways or in front of houses, but there were no business decals in evidence on it. Probably nothing, but you never know.

20. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

Where is Pleasant Woods? I live off 42 near Cleveland Elementary. Not 42, where is my brain. Cleveland Road.