A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

let the bodies hit the floor....

3. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Was a crazy looking white haired scientist driving?

4. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

I'm packing up today and leaving.

5. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

Is school out Thursday and Friday? Why? I just noticed it on my calendar.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Yes, teacher work days I believe or something along those lines.

7. nsanemom22

yeah... Three days off right after Christmas vacation. Id MUCH rather have the days (those days as well as a few more) tacked on in June to get them out earlier!

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's a wasted week seems like. However, before anyone accuses me of whining, I suppose it is a necessary evil.

9. nsanemom22

If they were to let out a week or so earlier it would make a few hundred dollars difference in beach house rental at the obx because it would be at pre prime season rates.

10. nsanemom22

This is where we want to stay. We had the best vacation of our lives at this place before the kids started school. DH wants to go back and recapture what once was. May 29-June11 the rate is only $700 for the week. On June 12 the rate jumps $720 to $1420!

Hell yeah I'ma whine about it. In this case, you can pile me into the catagory of one of those parents. LOL

11. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

The year round elementary school students in Wake County and their families can benefit from this. My sister has kids in a Wake County elementary school. They planned a vacation for late August and saved tons of money on an oceanfront rental at the beach. The rates go down after mid-August of course. :banghead:

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

WHAT???? :allears:

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

what she said?????

14. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

gotta love coming back into work after a 3 day weekend and getting good news:hurray:

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I have crocuses blooming. Should I tell them they were supposed to wait until next month? :)

16. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I think I gave some folks too much credit. I don't think some could figure their way out of a paper sack. Sad.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

DH and i were laughing yesterday about that, mine are starting too:lol:

18. nsanemom22

:hurray: What's your good news?!

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

What she said! We could use some good news around here. :cheers:

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well it doesn't affect most on here but it is a positive thing that the economy is starting to look up - our company announced it will be lifting the wage freeze we have had in place for the last year and lifting it right before i am due for a raise:hurray: