progress energy bill

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rntobe, Jan 15, 2010.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I have! I have!!

.....that and the month of December, it's always higher always has been.

2. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Mine 2 AND today. Damn if it aint COLD in here this morning. :lol::lol:

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I believe I have said that from the beginning. 8) One expects it to be higher in December AND it was cold. I just don't personally think it justified quite that much of a jump. Mine wasn't 50% higher like some of these, thank God (see......................... I AM grateful for something!). It would be different if we hadn't adjusted our usage to compensate.

But I will suck it up and pay it, since we have no choice in the matter, we are at their mercy. And apparently we should be grateful that is the case! :cheers:

Happy Tuesday everyone!:hurray:

4. KellBell

plain and simple, they gotcha by the balls, and we have to pay it. :mrgreen: I will gladly pay whatever it is (mine should be in the mail today) as we could be sitting under a tarp in Haiti right now, with no running water and no bathroom. so there.....

Happy Tuesday indeed!!:cheers:

5. LETSGOEERS!!!

LETSGOEERS!!! Well-Known Member

What does Haiti have to do with our electric bills being so high? I feel bad for those people, but I don't see what that has to do with our electric bills doubling this month. There are people starving and suffering all over the world. A lot of those people lived under a tarp and had no running water before the earthquake. It's the poorest country in the western hemisphere. If one good thing comes out of all this, their infrastructure might get a whole lot better.

Happy Tuesday to you also!:)

6. LansingDr

LansingDr Well-Known Member

Well, I do know the blue light was lit up frequently on my thermostat. Progress Energy is really stickin it to you when that happens. Heat pumps are absolute crap the colder it gets also.

7. KellBell

because it could be worse....duh huh. that's all.
    (or you could read the whole thread to see how it originally came up)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  8. LETSGOEERS!!!

LETSGOEERS!!! Well-Known Member

I noticed, but you were the one that brought it back up. Things could always be worse for all of us.

9. KellBell

you know how bossy I am!! ;)

10. Ours here in Willow Spring (joco) also nearly doubled. Sad thing is we were cold in the house the whole time :cry:

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oh good grief - mine this month sent me for a loop too, gotta cut some costs somewhere else to be able to fit it into the budget and yes i am grateful for all the blessings God has given me & i thank Him daily and i truly feel for the folks in Haiti & what i have done to help is between me and God, but what the crap does that have to do with being happy & grateful to pay a bill that feels like gouging by the Power Co.?:confused:

12. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Haha.. well said Kaci, I am on your wavelength............. That is what I was trying to convey, well said.

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well...........let's see if you get 40 lashes with a wet noodle for that opinion. :mrgreen:

14. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

sounds kinky :jester:

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It did, didn't it? LOL :lol:

16. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

especially to one with a active imagination :lol:
    on the other hand-all that excercise should keep one warm on a cold day with the heater turned way down ;)

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

LMAO:lol::lol::lol:

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You want some cheese to go with that whine? :lol:

19. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Mine almost doubled too, and I'm always cold!

I have city of Clayton electric though....

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

oh good grief Michelle, it truly was nothing personal against your Mom, she has always been a very admired poster - leave the drama building alone please = we are all very protective of our Moms :grouphug: if you disagree then please call me and we can discuss IRL sweetie:grouphug: