American Hero

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by UR2L8, Jan 19, 2010.

1. UR2L8

UR2L8 Guest

Just wondering if I am the only one addicted to their Chicken Philly Special.....It's only 9:30 and I can't stop thinking about it for lunch.....YUM!!!! :)

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I love their philly cheesesteak....it's the best around. IMO.

3. dangerboy

dangerboy Well-Known Member

love the chicken philly, love the roast beef ham bacon thing, and will kill for the gyros. wife also swears by the salads. lots of goodies on them and fresh...

4. KellBell

I am so thankful that they opened one closer to me too! I wish them much success in their new place. They are the nicest guys too. :hurray:

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Where is this at again? Is that in the old Winn-Dixie shopping center in Clayton or is this another place?

6. KellBell

the one in clayton and now up at 42 too. In the plaza where Riccobene and Associates are. Just before the light at Walgreens, on the right.

7. dangerboy

Awesome. Same two guys? They are great...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  8. KellBell

YES! same 2! love them!

9. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Are they where Damgolfo's used to be?

10. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

:lol: yes

11. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Mmmm..chicken Philly w/onions & peppers...<drool>

They are great guys over there- they know what I'm going to order before I do and always offer a cold Heineken!

12. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

OMG, I love the chef salad!!!

13. UR2L8

UR2L8 Guest

Glad to know I am not alone! I am so glad to have them at 42, although my waistline may soon disagree. They are super nice and the food is fantastic. Also found out they deliver!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

14. KellBell

it's where Formano's deli used to be.....

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

I love the one in Clayton, though I normally don't have a real favorite, my old fall back is the philly cheesesteak with peppers, onions, and add mushrooms.

16. KellBell

no kidding? at the 42 location too?

17. dangerboy

the other place has delivered for years. i've been going there since they opened...about 7 years ago maybe? ever since i had to set the boy's infant car seat down on the counter, and he just turned 8. those two guys are there all day every day except sunday. i know one of them has a wife and kids, but i wonder when he ever sees them...

if the new store holds up to the same quality and consistency of food and awesome service, it will become a 4042 institution for years to come.

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've never eaten there.............will have to give them a shot. Thanks guys for the good info!

19. KellBell

I have just recently discovered the, in Clayton, been about a year. I was instantly hooked. I hope they'll be able to stay up at 42...there is nothing else like it around there, so I am hopeful. :mrgreen:

20. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

they make really great meatballs too!!