break-ins

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tigerlily, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

PW is off Cornwallis mid-way between Cleveland Elementary and 42

2. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Got this waiting for the perps. Have fun.

3. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

Durnit. I guess I shoulda known that. I get lost in my own durn neighborhood. I don't know where anything is.

4. canzman75

canzman75 Guest

They hit Creekstone off Sanders Rd today. Kicked the backdoor in and only went for the jewelry.

The guy that lives there is getting a mean dog and a security alarm tomorrow.

5. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Is there a specific time of day the break ins are happening?

6. canzman75

canzman75 Guest

Sometime during the day (8am-5:30ish) Looks like they are waiting till the cars are out of the driveway. I know that's not much to go on.

7. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

One of the break ins that occured in Pleasant Woods was during the night around 3am so apparently (if it is the same person (s)) it doesn't matter if it is day or night. Either way everyone should take extra precautions. I noticed last night lots of my neighbors had their out door lights on.

8. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

The house that was broken into durning the night, were the home owners at home? The person or persons that broke in, did the just leave the owners alone, were they armed? Does anyone know? Just wondering, because if this was my house and I was home, the person that breaks in would not make it out. I always make sure my gun in rearch when I am home. Is it a bad thing I sleep with my gun under my pillow? Well not under my pillow, but it that close. Maybe I am just paranoid. :lol:

9. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I love how people act like they are the second coming of Rambo, you may want to hold off on the hypothetical trigger pulling until someones actually walking around your house and youre ****ting your pants.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Not sure about you personally, but in all honesty I could pull the trigger and not regret it at all. Part of it has to do with the military training I've had, part with the correctional officer training I've had, and part has to with the fact that it's my house.

11. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Thats fine, I just find it funny that people are saying 'you come in my house and you aint walkin out alive'. I think its more of a tough exterior hiding the fear of it actually occuring.

And yes, I would be more than willing to pull it after identifying the actually intruder, easier said than done.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You're not from around here..............are you? :lol:

13. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

interesting info about the grey van.....one of my neighbors noticed a grey "work van" in our subdivision shortly after that our truck was broken into.

Can't stand someone who steals.........ugh!

14. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Nothing scarier than a paranoid woman who thinks she knows how to use a gun:lol:

15. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

I have actually pulled a gun on a stranger in my house. To make this easy for you to understand, I was NOT the one that peed in my pants. I was a 44 years old, about 5' 2", 140 pounds. He was a big man over 6 feet. I will do anything to protect my kids. No tough exterior here. I'm tough to the core when it comes to them.

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

You'd be suprised how many women do know how to use a gun. I learned how to use one before I learned how to drive, one of the few useful skills my Dad did teach me. :cheers:

17. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Good for you, just make sure that when you THINK an intruder has entered your domain during the NIGHT, your happy trigger finger isnt shooting someone near and dear.

18. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt be surprised, Ive come across plenty of you country bumpkins.

19. freedman68

freedman68 Guest

Thank you Dr. Know-it-all. Did I say anything about just blindly shooting someone? I saw a strange man in my house who had a gun as well. I don't think I need your advice. Take your "happy trigger" comment somewhere else. I was not happy and it a terrible thing to happen.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Country bumpkin?? LOL, was that supposed to be an insult? Dude, I'd rather be from small town VA than New York ANY day. :lol::lol::lol: